• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to place ICC Custom Printing Profiles in Big Sur to use them in Photoshop cc ?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to place ICC Custom Printing Profiles in Big Sur to use them in Photoshop cc ?

I tried to add them in the hidden Library > Profiles 

Then in MacHD > User > Library > Recomended profiles

As it worked in other OS but here on Big Sur 11.0.1 the profiles never showed up in the Printer's profiles in the Adobe PS' printing window. (screen capture attached)

Thanx for helping !

Q

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help, this is not specific to OSX Big Sur, but I would hope it would work

Note also that profiles (particularly printer profiles from paper manufacturers) sometimes have differing 'internal' names

(which is what's shown in applications) so, the ones you're looking for may have names that differ to the profile filenames shown in the finder

if you double click on one of your offending profiles, the OSX colorsync utility should open and show you the naming.

On OSX there are quite a few ICC profile folders, here's a list:

Profiles the Mac OS requires:

/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Profiles available to all logged in users and all [colour management savvy] applications

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Profiles limited to an individual logged in user (this is where I put mine)

/Users/username/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

Profiles that are listed only in Adobe applications:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles

Profiles that are listed in the upper section of the profile lists in Adobe applications:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended

Abstract Profiles available in Photoshop for Color Lookup layers

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/how-to/edit-photo-color-lookup-adjustment.html ]:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color Profiles

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I was looking for a solution and came across this thread. I have done everything I can to add paper profiles in Big Sur. Unfortunately I cannot find the printer profile in Photoshop. I am using generic Canson Infinity paper profiles for Epson 3880.

I have tried all the steps that you outline abolve, as much as possible - unable to write on system colorsync folder. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi s_porritt, try the user library / colorsync folder, 

you should be allowed to write to that one.

Profiles limited to an individual logged in user
/Users/username/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

there is a thread about this here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/access-to-library-on-big-sur.2268746/

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

Thanks a lot for your clear answer about the different places. I m aware of these places but none of them work for me.

Sorry for my late answer and for my broken english. (i'm French)

Still didn't solve my problem though. 

I didn't mention i used the last Mac Mini 2020 M1, this may be the problem...

I use Photoshop cc 2020 with Rosetta (not the Beta version i mean)

I don't use much paper brand .icc profiles, i make my own one through I Profiler. 

The ones i use are technically working on other computers / OS / printers.

I checked them here on Big Sur with the ColorSync Utility, no need to repair the path or anything.

I spoke to Adobe and Apple and both push me towards the other.

The many people i talked to are not really aware of the issue, i realize it concerns few people.
It seems to me it's a major problem to be able to manage color.

So i tell myself i shoul'd just be ignorant and it must work otherwise most of creative people couldn't work properly.

Thanks again for helping !

Quentin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a typical problem with Adobe and Apple not cooperating - I can use a Red River Paper profile in LR Classic, and in Qimage, and in DarkTable, but it never shows up in Pshop, no matter where I put it.And I want to print from Pshop instead of LR because LR does not have a simple way to center an image on a printed page.

For months, Super Resolution would not work in Pshop and I was told by Adobe that it's an Apple problem - after the last update of Pshop and LR, Super Res now works - an Apple problem? really? ...and endless issues with LR memory managements and GPU use...very, very disapointed with Adobe - for isntance, how long must we wait for a simple "Center the Image" button in the print module of LR? Hwey Adobe: it's now June of 2021...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quentin,

I'm not sure if it will help us a lot. First of all it seems to me that you can save your proflies and check them with color sync, ist that right?
In my case Photoshop and Lightroom refused to use printing profiles as long as I hadn't installed the Bridge. Since Bridge is installed and the color presets where synced using the Bridge at least PS is working normal.

I don't know why LR still doesn't.

I'm discovering this problem on my new iMac with intel CPU and Catalina. This brought me to the conclusion that it might have something to do with the new Adobe installation. All my older Macs behave well.

Hopefully this will bring you closer to solving the problem.

Greetings,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just tried to validate my anser above. Color managment is NOT working correctly even in PS today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no colorsync profiles folder in Big Sur - it's a complete nightmare - why has Apple or adobe or whoever is responsible moved the colorsync profile - it's gone - not here - gone! no search nothing has found it - every time i update OS something moves - complete and utter madness! why!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines