• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White and Transparent background printing in gray

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop for years and I've never had this problem. I've used this same printer before and never had this problem.

I freshly installed photoshop on my new computer and my first print has backgrounds in gray.

I've checked every troubleshooting tip on these forums and on reddit and through google search.

I have the most updated version of photoshop as of 12/16/2022, I use a  Brother HL-L0260CDW, color laser printer. I use Windows 10. 

If I set it to "photoshop manages colors" the grey is smoother, but it's still gray
If I set it to "printer manages colores" the gray is choppy and appears in lines.

If I save it as an .png image and open it with another program and print it, the grey disappears. What setting do I have to change in this version of photoshop to fix it? Every other post that has "fixes" none of them are applicable to this current version as of 12/16/2022

I will not settle for converting to PDF and printing from there, that's infeasible for my line of work and an unnecessary extra step.

I've attached the picture I'm trying to print with a white background. It's clearly white as the .png version prints in white. I've printed over 60 lemon wedges, I'm starting to go crazy. 

Please help, this error is so weird and genuinely hurting my workflow. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dosxx,

out of curiosity, what happens when you go to view and choose the gamut warning command? (cmd+shift+y)...do you still see the white as white or grey? Also, I would try to check the color settings with CMD+SHIFT+K to make sure you are using the right color space for your job (for both monitor and printing settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First off, transparent equals white if you make a print on anything but a printer that prints on film (transparency). 

A PNG can have transparency which is visible in an application like Photoshop. But not all applications show transparency like this; they will show white. 

Photoshop Manages Color means you must pick an ICC output profile; what are you picking, where did it come from, was it made for this printer and paper combo? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines