• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Vertical Lines Printing on Every Printout

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every printout has thin white vertical lines evenly spaced across image on the page.  I don't want the vertical lines.  This problem just appeared today, and I have no idea what could have caused it.  I have two different printers - same problem on both. 

I have tried many things, but cannot resolve the problem.  Please - how do I get printouts without any vertical lines?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

It was resolved by resetting the print settings in Photoshop - while in PS, hold down the space bar and then press Ctrl P.  This resets the print settings.  Also, on only the Brother printer, changing the print settings from "normal" to "photo" paper, and from "plain" paper to "inkjet paper" was required.  No setting changes were needed for the Canon printer - "plain" paper, "standard" printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like this is a problem with your printer and not Photoshop.  What kind of printer are you sending your prints too?

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon iP8700 Series; and a Brother MFC-J825W.   I didn't have this vertical line problem on either one until today.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, well if its two printers then it may be the source.  Have you tried shutting things down and restarting everything?

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was resolved by resetting the print settings in Photoshop - while in PS, hold down the space bar and then press Ctrl P.  This resets the print settings.  Also, on only the Brother printer, changing the print settings from "normal" to "photo" paper, and from "plain" paper to "inkjet paper" was required.  No setting changes were needed for the Canon printer - "plain" paper, "standard" printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is why the forums are useful, I did not know about that shortcut despite years of use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines