• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why, Adobe?

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Adobe going to replace 3D features with in Photoshop? Why are they investing so much into neural filters? Is it because today's Photoshop users are that skills-development-averse? I see these "Community guidelines" up here admonishing me to be kind and respectful...  Is there any such similar dev guidelines for Adobe devs? Be kind and respectful and don't peremptorily 86 features that users use or create new ones that put users out of business. It seems like the bean-counters are making the creative decisions. Never a good look. I've been using their software since day one. Literally. Day one.  I was waiting for months for the release. I am so annoyed at the increasing erraticism of their development trajectory and the increasingly threadbare support they provide. Not that I ever really need their support on a regular basis but the one or two times that I have in the past couple of years. I've found it to be nearly non-existent. It doesn't seem like they care. There's no avenue to offer them feedback on these announcements they make. They don't explain themselves. That's obviously beneath them. So there,  my question is why, Adobe? Why? 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@5t3v3 wrote:

What is Adobe going to replace 3D features with in Photoshop? 

Hi

Read this post which is marked as "Featured" so it stays near the top:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-3d-features-are-being-remov...

This is due to changes in both Windows OS and macOS that make 3D in Photoshop stop working properly.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

The replacement they are suggesting is the Substance apps. You can also use Blender, which is free and much better than the 3D in Photoshop ever was.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody wants frustrated users. Adobe is not exception. They are listening user base and advanced users but sometimes, as all of us, they must take steps they and most of the users won't like. You are very, very frustrated. Take a breath and think one more time, will Adobe remove familiar feature just for fun or "to make more money" as some people think. No, they could produce two versions as they did in the past like Photoshop and Photoshop Extended. As user, that's what I am in the first place, I see this step as prompt and a must without any room for consultation with user base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@5t3v3 wrote:

There's no avenue to offer them feedback on these announcements they make. They don't explain themselves. That's obviously beneath them.

Both of those sentences aren’t true. In fact they just redesigned this Photoshop forum so that if you are at the top level, you see two sections, Bugs and Ideas. When you look at the release notes for a Photoshop version, many of the Fixed Issues link directly back to the publicly reported entries in the Bugs section here. That means they have listened, fixed, and then publicly referenced the bug user report that was fixed. The Ideas section is for feature requests, which are discussed and prioritized in public. For example, you can sort the list by which ones have the most user upvotes. And if you dig into the discussions there you will see Adobe employees, even Photoshop product managers, participating and asking for clarification.

As for explaning themselves, they have a whole document explaining why 3D is going away. Short answer: The entire thing is old and creaky, and if they want it to work on upcoming Mac and Windows OSs, it needs to be replaced now because some features are already failing. For now, that link explains that the professional grade (not for the skills-averse) Substance 3D line that they just acquired is an option.

Adobe is far from perfect, and could still do a better job with direct customer support, but some of the things they are doing above are not being done by a lot of other companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines