Why can't I download an older versions of some programs/ How can I download older versions?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a student and through my school I have the creative suite. I have a 2010 macbook that runs perfectly and I just need a slightly older version of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.  I just wiped my computer so i had to reinstall and Now I can't access these older versions anywhere and I can't find any answers. these programs are a REQUIREMENT for school AND work, not to mention part of my tution cost... I am not purchasing a new computer and I cannot update it any further. I'm extremely frustrated as I was able to download the older versions less than a year ago! I'm also able to get compatible versions of Auditon, Premiere Pro, and After Effects. Why?? There's no reason. This has never been an issue. I have been running older versions of adobe programs since I began using them over a decade ago.

PLEASE help I am an extremely frustrated illustration student!!! 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021
You might be able to find the installer you need at prodesigntools.com. The Direct Download Links on the right side go back a few years. Formally, the reason you can’t is because the current Adobe policy is to support the current version and one version back. This was a relatively recent change. Those versions are both Creative Cloud subscription versions, so Adobe doesn’t officially support anything further back. But there are other potential problems to sort out. Does the school teach a sp...

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe not longer markets Perpetual versions of Photoshop.  You need to find out which Creative cloud application versions will run on your 11 year old Mac. See if your school support any of them.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to find the installer you need at prodesigntools.com. The Direct Download Links on the right side go back a few years.

Formally, the reason you can’t is because the current Adobe policy is to support the current version and one version back. This was a relatively recent change. Those versions are both Creative Cloud subscription versions, so Adobe doesn’t officially support anything further back.

But there are other potential problems to sort out. Does the school teach a specific version that they will require you to install? If they are teaching a version too new for an old Mac, you might be stuck anyway. Recent versions don’t run on a 2010 Mac. Also, since you said you had an earlier version, where did you keep their installers so that you could easily reinstall in case you had to wipe the computer?

For the future, if you are studying to be a professional in this field, start preparing to be able to recover from any disaster quickly. Always keep all original media, installers, registration codes in a place where you can quickly retrieve them. If you are studying to be a professional, you cannot afford for your computer to go down just before a client’s deadline. You must know how to recover from a computer disaster and get working again as quickly as possible. Always maintain current backups of all important applications and data, with rapid recovery procedures in place and practiced. The security of your future income will depend on it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link, the 2018 version was just what I needed! It works perfectly.

There's no required version that we use, in fact, I've been told to avoid updating a couple of times or use an older, more reliable version by teachers. I have another computer, a 2018 wacom mobilestudio which runs windows, and that one even needed older versions of some products! I have all my programs on both OSs for backup and versatility.

I never got an installer for the older version because I had to download it through CC. I haven't seen a separate installer for any products in a while, whenever I tried to download it separately it forced me to get CC first, which is extremely annoying for this exact reason. 

Thankfully now I have the old installers via the site you linked, I just hope they continue to work in the future... adobe seems to have a habit now of killing off old but still useful things :' ( 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem... 

We are running 5 suites in our office (different accounts).

We have chosen for our 3 primary systems, to remain with Windows 7 and run earlier versions of Premiere Pro CC,

for many reasons, BY CHOICE. Everything is working properly, we have powerful systems, everything is good! 

UNTIL IT'S NOT!  Suddenly Adobe, the company we are paying our precious money to,

decides to quit supporting earlier Premier Pro CC versions and now nothing is working...! 

Even the earlier versions that were installed and worked properly a day before,

now all of a sudden cannot even be launched. 

I hate that Adobe is taking advantage in such a bad way, that they are monopolizing the market and actually leaving us with no options, holding us hostage to their bad policies and even worst support. Unfortunatelly there are no other options out there combining all those tools that we need, Adobe unfortunatelly is the king..

but trust me, the moment proper competition appears, Adobe will be done..! 

They got too compfortable in their king's seat and they don't care about their customers anymore,

the customers who pay their precious money and expect support and software that is working...  

Me myself, I'm a premium user, I'm paying for 5 professional accounts for more than 20 years and only 2 systems are working properly, only because those 2 happened to be newer systems and were lucky to comply with their latest decision. Of course Adobe's support is completelly absent and even if you manage to reach them, they hook you up to a low tier telephone center assistant agent, who doesn't even know the basics but dangerously demands remote control over your system to supposedly fix the issue (of course he cannot solve anything).  

Currently we are paying for 5 accounts and we have 3 powerful systems idle and useless,

just because Adobe chose to use our money, holding us hostages and trying to force us

to not use our powerfull 10.000 euro older equipment. 

This is the modern Adobe!  Enjoy...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines