• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I move things such as texts or images from Photoshop to Illustrator?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if recent versions of Adobe Apps don't have this feature anymore, but I'm trying to drag and drop some things from Photoshop to Illustrator (and vice-versa), but it isn't working.

I'm using Photoshop version 24.1.0, and Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Breno0D4C 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We are here to help.

Please update Photoshop to the latest version (v 24.2). Details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html#:~:text=How%20do%20I%20check%20for,See%20Update%2....

Have you tried any troubleshooting yet? How long are you seeing this issue?

Check if you can import the files by an alternate method: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/importing-artwork-photoshop.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Best

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update of both photoshop and illustrator. I can no longer drag an image from photoshop to illustrator. This just started last week. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of image is that? Can you copy and past any selected pixcels or whole image from Ps into Ai? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t drag and drop anything from photoshop to illustrator. I can only place the image in Illustrator. I also tried to copy some text from Acrobat without success.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Why do you need to drag/drop stuff from Photoshop? 

Would placing or importing psds not work for you? 

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 08.30.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines