• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my polygon have a white stroke even though stroke is blank?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created this circle using the polygon tool. The fill is magenta and the stroke is blank, but for some reason there's a white stroke around the circle. Where could this be coming from? How do I get rid of it?

Screenshot_20230222_091210.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

It seems there is Stroke probably applied to group not to shape layer. Do you see that fx on the righ side of Debut Spell layer group? That indicates that layer effect is applied to group. Click on triangle on the right side of fx to expand and see Stroke layer effect. Double click on Stroke and change color, if you have problem post screenshot after double clicking on Stroke.

change stroke color.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have applied Stroke effect from Layer Style dialogue? To ensure expand Layers panel and see if Effects > Stroke appears beneath shape layer. Otherwise reset preferences Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

By the way, how many sides you enter for Polygon to get perfect circle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I did try looking at that.

Screenshot_20230222_094730.png

I did discover something which is that if I put a fill color behind it, the "white" border doesn't show up against it. The trouble is that the white border does show up when I import this file into InDesign.

WylliamJudd_0-1677131571749.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ultimate goal is actually to change this white stroke to be black. It's for a shape that another designer created (which I paid for). The one in the screenshot above. I would love to figure out how to modify this existing shape to have a black stroke without the white stroke (adding a black stroke as an effect almost works, but there's still a white stroke around it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it looks like if I add a black stroke to it. The white stroke moves outside the black one. Screenshot_20230222_095722.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there is Stroke probably applied to group not to shape layer. Do you see that fx on the righ side of Debut Spell layer group? That indicates that layer effect is applied to group. Click on triangle on the right side of fx to expand and see Stroke layer effect. Double click on Stroke and change color, if you have problem post screenshot after double clicking on Stroke.

change stroke color.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! That was it! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow did you use Photoshop together a "screenshot" to answer a question about Photoshop? Amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry it was the Elipse tool. I thought Rectangle, Elipse, Polygon etc were all called the Polygon tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines