• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does photoshop suddenly always ask me to open from cloud/save to cloud? Just let me open a file!

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to open or save a file, photoshop keeps asking me to use the cloud instead. Please stop making these things a default setting change. I have zero interest in doing cloud saving and opening. I'm working on my computer. I want to open a file from my computer. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location setting. 

Just don’t save to the cloud if you don’t want to by setting the preference.  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@codys72658089 - As @TheDigitalDog notes, this can be changed in preferences in v2022. I hear you though, you don't want this to be the default setting... but it is.

Once the pref has been changed, I believe that you have to press the "on your computer" button once to make it stick (at least until the next time preferences are reset).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, yea, i figured there would probably be a way to turn it off, but it feels insane that it would be in by default. Maybe a, "do you want to turn on this new feature?" No. Done. 

But that i just wanted to do some quick edit on a file and opening the file it tries to make me use the cloud, saving it makes me use the cloud etc. It's frustrating. Also that the save functions have been complicated and altered to be inline with Mac OS limitations is absurd too. 

I'm usually the sole adobe apologist in the room but there are definitely quality of life things like this that make me understand where others come from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines