• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does the new upright button in RAW not work since the new updates

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as an architectural photographer, I use the AUTO button in the upright tool in RAW for batch processing my images. when the upright tool was in the lens correction box in editing it worked a dream. i would maybe have to tweak about 5% of my images. Now it has moved to the tool bar. it doesnt even work at all. I have to manually straighten every image. even a single image automated does not have straight verticals. I have had several chaps from India in my computer, telling me that the upright works correctly all the while the verticals ARE NOT STRAIGHT. one suggested I use the old version of photoshop CC which also deosnt work because for some reason (the old version still has the upright tool in the tool bar.  I have spent so long on this I am at the end of my tether. It now takes me hours to photoshop my work as opposed to an hour previously

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Moving this thread to Photoshop General Discussion so that the experts out there can help you with this issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush, I see you are a member of staff, can i ask if you have experienced this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried Guided upright?

Draw lines along two edges you want to be vertical, preferably one on the left side and one on the right side of the image, and the image will straighten.

It works very well for me, much better than the Auto option.

guided-upright-ps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried enabling lens profile corrections - before hitting auto

I see a big difference here (better) with wide angle lenses  if I do that

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave thanks for taking the time to reply. I did try your suggestion, but it was still not getting verticals upright. Have you found a similar problem, I cant believe i am the only one experiencing this. I may have to go back to photoshop 2014, If I can find it. I know i used to be able to process roughly 50 images in an hour. but now its hours.

I cant even get to contact Adobe all I do is get India and they have been in my computer 3 times now and they still cant do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find Auto often works - although it is balancing the various transformations and sometimes , dependant on the image, doesn't quite get them grid perfect.

As an aside - you can reload older Photoshop versions from the CC desktop if you need them and have previously uninstalled them.

Hope you get some progress

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines