• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why doesn't photoshop automatically recreate tweens when you change a slide

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an animated GIF advert for a client.  Created 6 frames from switching on and off certain layers.  Created a 12-frame tween between each 'keyframe' and added 0.03 timing to each of those tween frames.

Sent to client.  All proved, except "Can you swap Slide 2 with Slide 4".

In Flash this would have taken 2 secs.  In Photoshop I have to completely redo the entire animation process because Photoshop doesn't automatically redo the tween frames!?

Surely I'm doing something wrong, this can't be the best way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way. Tweens are static frames, not live.

Remove the tweened slides between the keyframes and rerun them.

Flash ≠ Photoshop workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh.  Is there a better application in the suite for doing this job?  "Remove the tweened slides between the keyframes and rerun them." take 5 seconds to type, but half an hour to actually do, and on a hectic day in the studio it's half an hour I often don't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try Premiere Pro but thats like using a bulldozer to build an ant hill.

I guess I'm unclear why regenerating tweened frames is taking so long.

You remove the old frames, select your two new keyframes then use the menu to generate new tweens.

Then you select all the tweened frames and adjust the timing all at once.

Unless you are manually editing the frames after you have tweened - this is a relatively easy process.

Photoshop is the best application for doing this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the annoyance really comes from trying to go through all the 100-odd frames created, counting out 12 at a time, changing the timer and then doing it again.... I suspect I'll fall into a quicker flow once I've done it a few times. Perhaps tweening once, changing timings, tweening next keyframe, etc etc is the proper way to do it rather than doing all the tweens then doing all the timing chages.. I was also getting frustrated with some very odd behaviour when editing keyframes (after removing tween frames) and then tweening and getting very odd animation glitches, but after just deleting everything on the timeline and starting again those went away.  Like you say, Flash and Photoshop aren't the same, and I haven't worked on timelines since I last worked in Flash way back when, so it's just a case of getting used to it 🙂

I don;t suppose you know if a way to add different default values to the timing selector?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe if you start with your first frame at the very beginning and change the value - it replicates with each subsequent frame after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines