• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why I cant access form controls when I draw a shape? alignment controls faded

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to create a fillable form in CS6. I found a tutorial that said to draw a rounded rectangular shape and then go to form controls and select both the layer of the shape and background and then "Align vertical centers and Align horizontal centers." But my options for this are faded. Does anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to align two objects to each other, then the first step is to select the two objects.

So I'm trying to create a fillable form in CS6.

You can't create a fillable form in Photoshop, though. You can create a fillable form in Acrobat Pro or InDesign CS6 or later.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

press escape + a (this should give you an arrow selection tool)

then while holding shift select the two items you want to align.

I'm honestly interested in why you're creating a form using CS6?

I think using InDesign is so much easier for forms. Then you can bring it into adobe acrobat and it will auto-detect where you have form fields etc. 

Let me know if that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I got the feeling I was taking a difficult approach. I ended up here because I was creating a template for a receipt book that I need printed. I don't need it to be fillable actually. I was using publisher actually to create the form but was having trouble inserting my logo as a tiff or transparent image that would print so I decided to creat the form in CS6 but was looking for ways to create a table in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Have you finished this project or is it still something you’re working on? --

Liz Ash
Principal,

LIZ ASH
[Personal info removed by moderator]
Facebook
Instagram
LinkedIn
Pinterest

Confidentiality: The contents of this email message and any attachments are
intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the
sender and [removed by moderator] by reply email and then delete this message and any
attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message
or its attachments is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ChrisJabbAyoub wrote:

but was looking for ways to create a table in CS6.

You can't create a table in Photoshop.

If you are just trying to create a source document for the form, you can use InDesign, Illustrator, Word, Excel, or Publisher, then make the form using Acrobat. InDesign CS6 and later also has tables and makes fillable forms that are exported to interactive PDFs.

@ChrisJabbAyoub wrote:

I was using publisher actually to create the form but was having trouble inserting my logo as a tiff or transparent image that would print

For the transparent image, convert it from tiff to a transparent png in Photoshop and continue your work in Publisher where you started.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines