Why is Photoshop the most buggy software?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is killing me and making me so sad.

I LOVE Photoshop and always have.

But why is it so hard to love this software when it keep on getting more and more buggy?

Things change all the time for no better reason. Photoshop used to be something where I felt like I had full freedom to do whatever I wanted. Me and my Photoshop could change the design world and master it! Now it is issues and frustrations all day. Fundamentally I feel that it is better because I know it so well by now. But there are other softwares that just "get it".

I feel that Adobe is missing the mark. Do simple things well. That used to be the motto. Now it is all about making updates that are more and more buggy.

For specifics anything having to do with the preferences of tools, and the speed of the program. I have to press "Z" twice for the tool to change, The way things release makes no sense anymore, sometimes a tool behaves like it did last time, other times it doesn't. Creating a new document from a pasteboard doesn't work anymore, etc, etc. It is the overall flow that is broken!

So sad... needed to vent.

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to press "Z" twice for the tool to change,

What is your Photoshop > Preferences > Tools > Spring-loaded tools shortcut-setting. 

Creating a new document from a pasteboard doesn't work anymore

Have you tried Photoshop > Preferences > General > Use legacy »New Document« Interface? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh thanks I will try that!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with tools not changing over didn't fix. I still need to press "z" twice to change tools.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again: 

What is your Photoshop > Preferences > Tools > Spring-loaded tools shortcut-setting? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is "selected" and set to 200 milliseconds.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marcrust wrote:

It is "selected" and set to 200 milliseconds.

Have you tried unchecking it? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just about all Adobe software is of poor quality, because their business model is to spread propagranda that their software is required in order to be a professional, and most businesses fall for it, or forced to use it because that is everyone else's workflow. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@exactspace wrote:

Just about all Adobe software is of poor quality, because their business model is to spread propagranda that their software is required in order to be a professional, and most businesses fall for it, or forced to use it because that is everyone else's workflow. 

As I have been working with Photoshop and some other Adobe applications for a long time I am aware of shortcomings but your accusation seems ridiculous. 

Please mind your manners. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactspace – that is an absurd statement. The many thousands of users of Adobe products attests to the success of their software. No one is forcing you to use Adobe applications so, maybe you should go elsewhere.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's easy for you to say, but many businesses also expect employees to use Windows or macOS. It's going to be tough keeping a career if I were only to use Linux. Same goes for Adobe stuff. They monopolize through an aggressive marketing campaign where it's difficult that any other software could compete successfully enough to be in the limelight. This allows Adobe to slack on quality, since they can maintain their revelence almost purely through marketing, while cutting corners by avoiding development expenses. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactspace I can see that you are frustrated, but I don't think Adobe is in the propaganda space. You're being a bit harsh. Were they also doing propaganda in the mid 90's when Adobe let everyone use copies of their software without making a big fuss about it? I would have never learned Photoshop if it wasn't for the copy I got from a friend. I am a paying customer now, but Adobe allowed me to build a career!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @marcrust ,

A good vent is always good.

On the pasteboard issue, had the same problem.

Try Preferences > General > Use legacy new doc interfce.

Create a new doc from pasteboard.

Then go in and switch it on again.

This fixed it for me.

Let us know how you go.

mj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok when I select "Use legacy new doc interface" YES this does work. So I'll go with that. I did try to go back and it didn't work like before.

BTW, would resetting all preferences fix this? when should I do something like that?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines