• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the color table of my animated gif has so much white squares rather than other colors?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am exporting an animated gif and the color table has 9 white squares, marked with that diamond icon. Is any motive? Because those extra colors would be helpfull rising the gif quality. Thks.

color_table.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you double-click the fields are there really pure white? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all 255. Running on Photoshop 2020, imac 5k. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the file? 

What happens when you change the number of Colors (and then change it back to 256)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, the diamond represents "web safe" colors. Whatever that means these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving the GIF from a file that already has a restricted range of indexed colours (e.g a previous GIF)?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A previous GIF not. Just assets like images and shapes from another PSDs. But it is strange. I did a test copying merged from two frames and placing in another canvas. The white colors restrictions keep. I did the same test but taking a screenshot from two frames and cropping in the banner size. No white squares fixed, just one regular white square.

Any possible hint on how to reset the PSD color restrictions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe is something to do with the color menagement. Maybe was at e-SRGB and changed to default SRGB and now the blocked white colors are gone. Thks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines