• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window behaviour with Match Zoom

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ever since updates after about Photoshop 2023 23.2.1 the window floated window behaviour has changed and I can't seem to fix it thinking it is some kind of bug.

When I have tabs open in floated windows and I select Window>Arrange>Match Zoom and resize the window I expect all tabs to keep the window size even when I close a tab. Ever since some updates after 23.2.1 whenever I close a tab the window resizes. I have included some images to make it more clear. 

In the 15 years now I am using Photoshop this was never the window behaviour. I sometimes have to have 50 to 100 images side by side stacked in 2 windows and having Photoshop resizing the windows sometimes so big to go offscreen is unworkable for me.

I have tried lot's of settings.

Open Documents as Tabs on/off

Enable Floating Document Window Docking on/off

Overscroll On/off

Zoome Resizes Windows on/off

Hopefully the behaviour could go back to the old way wich made more sense. Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooie dag!

het lijkt dat beiden schermafbeeldingen zijn hetzelfde...

I do not see a change in the only posted image, besides the tabs on the image frame 2. It seems that they have the same 12.5% zoom ratio... Maybe was there an issue during upload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes sorry😅, attached the correct image now

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-21 om 09.20.21.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dank U! does this happen only on a secondary screen, or do you have only one monitor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a secondary screen but photoshop is only open on my primary screen. To be sure I tested it with the secondary disconnected but it didn't change anything. It also happens on different computers with different accounts with anyone that has updated their Photoshops. One of the reasons we have multiple versions installed because sadly with all Photoshop updates come new bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version is in the top image?

Looks like the same behavior going back to 2019.

It may help if you could share a screen recording of your steps in the version that works like you expect and the version where it doesn't. Post a URL to the video using CC files or dropbox, YouTube or something similar to share the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first image with the expected behaviour is 23.2.1. All versions before that work like that. I'll try to make a video as soon as possible, sorry if my explanation is not clear, English is not my first languge.

Maybe I over complicate it. Normally the window size stays the same as the zoom level of the image. Now with the newer photoshop versions the image stays the same zoom level but the window resizes. That's it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, another user reported an issue that seems similar, but she experiences it only on the second screen: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-windows-photoshop-v23-5-floating-windows-d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm revisiting this issue as this is not going to resolve itself. I initially gave up on Photoshop 2023 because its performance was horrible, but that’s another story.

I made a short video showing the issue. As you can see, in PS 2022 (and all versions before that) if I zoom out the window resizes with it. Then I match zoom all other images and make sure the window size matches. Closing every image keeps the window size the same.

If I do the same in PS 2023 the window size always jumps back to the window size of 100% of that image although keeping the image zoom level the same.

Why has this behavior changed? I need the window size to stay the same. I tried just about every setting, but nothing solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines