Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 / unable to update Photoshop 26.0 / AVX 2 error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help. I am currently unable to update Photoshop 26.0, Beta 26.1, Bridge 15.0, when an error message appears when updating, processor AVX2 support is needed. My desktop has an AMD A10 7890 and has standard AVX support but no AVX2 support.Photoshop  AVX2 error.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Klaus, The same thing happens to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2024 Oct 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, das Thema betrifft mich auch. So geht es nicht. Ich protestiere, wie Adobe mit Abonnenten umgeht. Gibt es eine Alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you buy a new computer or replace the processor, you cannot use the latest versions of Adobe apps. You also won't be able to use Windows 11 when Win 10 support ends in a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2024 Oct 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics 
Not entire true. You can run Win 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2024 Oct 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lumigraphics 
Not entire true. You can run Win 11

By @DexterGordon

But that's only half the truth.
Full Windows 11 support is only available with current hardware.
It's also questionable how long the security updates will be able to be installed. Microsoft will certainly put a stop to it at some point. Connecting to the Internet with an unpatched system is highly risky.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 14 - Photoshop 26 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is apparently a new system requirement with version 26. Several people have reported getting this message.

My guess is that this applies to CPUs older than, say, 2016 or so - that's about  the same support horizon they advise for GPUs.

Looks like you'll need to stay on v 25 until you can get newer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks all for the answers. The desktop update is probably coming 2025, although I found an instruction on YouTube (photoshop AVX2 error) that tried to fix the issue, but I couldn't find the folder in photoshop according to the instructions. Fortunately, I have a newer laptop where I can download new versions of photoshop. I'm still trying to figure out if I can fix the desktop problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not unless you can replace the CPU, which is rarely worth the effort (if you can even find a modern CPU using that socket). This is hardware, not software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2024 Oct 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a software decision to not support the older system. Adobe could easily restrict only the few functions that need it (previously done with video editing since 25.8) and not block the whole update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the advice on the Youtube page, it is suggested that the AVX2 code be modified to standard AVX, which is also supported by my old processor. I haven't tried it, but according to the commenters of the advice it works.

Now I have to consider what to do, do I order a new processor+motherboard or do I settle for the desktop version of Photoshop 25.12 for the time being. Of course, my new laptop has the latest ptohoshop+beta versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you link that tutorial?

New CPU, new absolutely silent CPU cooler (research needed), new mainboard, new RAM, new soundcard (no PCI on new mainboards), new harddrives (SATA is coming out of fashion and why not make use of the faster new technology), question is will it even fit in the old case (do I even want to butcher the old system or buy completely new and have the old one operational as backup and use in the transition phase), does the old power supply work, do I have the time to setup a new OS...so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hardware support tracks that of Microsoft and Apple. There are many system frameworks that are used along the way and often, older processors are indeed not supported. Just stay on the older versions of Photoshop or get a computer with a newer processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Klaus Fleming 
Well, that's exactly what the [abusive language removed] at these corporations want: they collude to force fully capable processors to become obsolete in order to increase sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines