• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Ink does not work with Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe first announced that Windows Ink would work with Photoshop, I turned on Windows Ink in my Wacom settings and removed the PSUserConfig file enabling WinTab out of my settings folder. This worked for maybe a couple weeks in regards to pressure sensitivity. Then it stopped. I tried a variety of fixes, but eventually turned off Windows Ink and put the PSUserConfig file enabling WinTab back into my settings folder. Pen pressure sensitivity actually works better than every now. I do not know why. Adobe thinks that Windows Ink works, but it does not. Interestingly, pressure sensitivity works whether Windows Ink is checked or not in other painting/drawing programs I use. All of my software (Windows 10, 1903), drivers, etc. are up to date. I also tried to post this at feedback.photoshop.com, but even though it tells me I'm logged in when I try to submit something it says to login. I try to so this, but it again says to login. Very frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please check the following video hope it helps you.....regards

https://youtu.be/sGi47EWEkuY

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video explains exactly what I described I did when Windows Ink stopped working. I use a PSUserConfig file. The problem is that Adobe said that Windows Ink is supposed to work with Photoshop now, everything is fixed with Windows. This is not the case. Adobe did not fix the issues with Windows Ink. On Feb. 24 Stephen Nielson tweeted: "We fixed the last known issues that previously required using WinTab. We now recommend that all customers use Windows Ink with Photoshop, and no longer use WinTab. If you know of specific Windows Ink issues in this version, please let me know." That is why I made this post. I don't have Twitter so I posted here, but thanks for the video anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window Photoshop Version 21.1.0 has issues with Wacom Tablets.   Photoshop CC and Wacom Tablets can use Windows INK API and they can use WinTab API for Pen Control.  Both must be Configured the use the same API.   I configure Photoshop CC and Wacom Tablets toe use WinTab API because I also  Have CS3 and CS6 installed  these version of Photoshop only have WinTab API pen support.

It does not matter which you use with Windows Photoshop  2020 version 21.1.0.  Neither will work well 21.1.0 has issues. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally Windows Ink has never worked for me except briefly after Stephen Nielson, the Adobe Product Manager, announced recently that it works. After a short time, I had to revert back to using WinTab. That is the only reason I made this post because he specifically asked in a tweet to be informed if Windows Ink does not work. Regarding 21.1 and all of its brush problems that I also experienced, I have so far been able to curtail the up left corner lines by finishing strokes less abruptly. I observed during experimentation when this problem first occurred for me that when I made faster flicking motions, especially with the spot healing brush, that the lines shooting to the left corner materialized. So far I haven't had to revert back from 21.1 as long as I'm careful. Who knows how long this will last--fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but even though it tells me I'm logged in when I try to submit something it says to login. I try to so this, but it again says to login"

I have that problem on iPad but not on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue but it seems to have been resolved now, I don't need to use the text code and windows ink is checked on the Wacom.  It sure if this was due to the latest windows update or the Wacom update in late June. I uninstalled the Wacom drivers and reinstalled this latest one and now all seems to be working fine 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Broke Photoshop WinTab support in the 21.1 update.  You need to use INK  API after 21.1.  The Text File you removed configured Photoshop to use WinTab which Adobe broke in 21.1.  When you removed the config file Adobe Photoshop uses its default Pen API on windows that API is Windows INK

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to interrupt the thread but how can I start a new thread, when I made one and then click post, nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link should be at the top of the Photoshop  forum a big blue button on the right sidepost to the community. If you do not see that click Photoshop after Home  on top let to get to the beginning of the Photoshop forum

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ye, what I mean is when I go into that and put in my title, content, then click post at the bottom, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe nothing happen if you fail to to add category keywords like Actions, Scripts, Adjustments etc.  When you try to post.  This site is not the best it should give you a message to tell you you need to classify the conversation you are starting. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines