• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Windows) Photoshop v23.5 Adonit Dash 4 Stylus not drawing on Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a stylus (Adonit Dash 4) for my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5, which is a 2 in 1 computer with a touchscreen. The stylus is therefore a singular stylus, without a tablet. When I use my stylus as a mouse and try to select the tools, layers, etc it works just fine, but if I try to draw or paint with the stylus it doesn't work.

I have the newest version of Photoshop, which is 23.5.0 I believe, (I just reinstalled Photoshop). My best guess is that the problem lies in Photoshop, because the settings on my laptop doesn't say anything about the use of a stylus per program or app.

I am sure there is a setting in Photoshop somewhere where I can turn on the use of a stylus for drawing, but I can't find it in the menu Preferences, or anywhere else. 

I hope that my stylus is compatible with Photoshop, but I assume it does, because in the manual it says that the stylus is compatible with all touchscreens, Windows or Apple. I hope someone can help me out, because I have searched the whole internet about this, but I can't seem to find a solution for my problem.

I apologize for my bad English, because I am not a native English speaker.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Photoshop supports limited touch input & gestures at the moment. Drawing on canvas is currently not supported.

You can upvote this feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-finger-painting-drawing-support-for-touch...

There is a lot of advice & knowledge shared in this discussion.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines