• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write Permissions Error in Photoshop 2023 when using Save for Web but not when using Export As

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having difficulty on new Mac using 'Save for Web' to save files, experiencing a Write permissions error. Do not have an issue with the same file when I use 'Export As'.

I do not have Dropbox installed.

I have files saved locally, and they do back up to our MS OneDrive

Any thoughts?
Monterey: 12.4 
PS: 24.1.0

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

There was a previous post where the user disabled syncing on their cloud service and it restored write permissions. That was dropbox and Gdrive, not sure the same applies with OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maud28333671gadw go to Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access - make sure Photoshop is listed and checked (active) then relaunch PS.

If that does not resolve what happens if you try to save direct to your desktop and not the synched One Drive folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for your answer, unfortunately it still doesn't work and the same thing happens when I try to save it locally... 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've confirmed PS is listed and checked in the Apple System Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is, I added it and relaunched the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a previous post where the user disabled syncing on their cloud service and it restored write permissions. That was dropbox and Gdrive, not sure the same applies with OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, obviously it was a smilar problem. I simply disconnected one file from One Drive and it worked. 

Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

the same error occired with OneDrive!
I can't disable the back-up due to general company settings. No Admin rights on the mac.

What can i do to export for web? Have always the permission issue.,

MacBook M1 Pro/Venture 13.4/ PSD 24.5.0 / just pissed that basic functions are not working, but we have generative fill… 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Martin30159514ugz4 even with general company settings you should be able to temporarily disable OneDrive sync or contact your IT admin to allow it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even with stopped OneDrive sync / quit OneDrive this is not possible…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to pile onto this a bit, this seems to be a permissions bug with File>Save for Web&Devices combined with OneDrive. Choosing Export works as expected, and reinstalling Photoshop, futzing with the permissions at the OS level (chmod 777, grant full drive access, etc) doesn't help. I wonder if that dialog has a different internal name? com.adobe.etc? anyway, this is still an issue, and my mac won't let me save via that dialog /anywhere/ on my drive -- even to CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, full drive access, deactivated cloud backups, restarted PS, everything suggested here—but there is a workaround that has worked for me when I need an animated GIF. I use Preview in the Save for Web dialog opens the file in browser and it can be saved to disk from there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never would have thought to use the 'preview' as a fall-back option.  Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say thanks that works but still sucks that the app does not do what it is designed to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow the 'Preview' trick worked wonders! Issue still persists, but this work around is a great trick. Was able to meet my deadline! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get anywhere with this mrballistic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another known solution for this issue? I've disabled all cloud syncing services and restarted Photoshop without success. I haven't been able to use save for web for some time now and I'd like to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you given Photoshop full disk permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines