Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong colors in CC programs

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try to find solution for this situation, but I don't. After last update of Adobe CC programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom...) show me colors that look like with less saturation than it's real.

color2.PNG

color1.PNG

I will show only Ps and Lr, but it's same for others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

OK. As I said, "as long as you have a valid monitor profile". Yours is apparently broken, and the likely reason for that is a defective manufacturer profile distributed through Windows Update. This is a fairly common problem.

Photoshop uses whatever monitor profile the OS tells it to use. If it's defective, the wrong values get sent to the monitor.

A monitor profile has only one requirement and one purpose: it needs to be an accurate description of the monitor's actual, current response. That's it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has full color management, Windows "Photos" has not.

There is nothing unexpected here. What you're seeing is the difference between a color managed application, using your monitor profile to remap into your monitor's native color space, thus representing the file correctly - and one that just sends the original data through without any correction.

Provided your monitor profile is valid, Photoshop is right and Windows Photos is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, because this issue happened after update, so colors were more vivid before on v. 2017. And also, It's happened not only in PS but other programs too, and if I put same photo or picture to Photoshop on different computer it look more vivid than on mine. And right now, when I want to chose color in Photoshop (or other Adobe program) I can't see whole color palet, I just can't get some colors that I can before.

colors.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. As I said, "as long as you have a valid monitor profile". Yours is apparently broken, and the likely reason for that is a defective manufacturer profile distributed through Windows Update. This is a fairly common problem.

Photoshop uses whatever monitor profile the OS tells it to use. If it's defective, the wrong values get sent to the monitor.

A monitor profile has only one requirement and one purpose: it needs to be an accurate description of the monitor's actual, current response. That's it. But a lot of monitor/laptop manufacturers can't seem to get this right, don't ask me why.

This is why people buy and use calibrators. But until then, you can use a generic profile such as sRGB IEC61966-2.1. It won't be entirely accurate, but is usually close enough for most.

Displayprofile_10_2.png

Remember to relaunch the application when done, it needs to load the profile at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It work! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definetily you saved my life.

I had ALL display colors messed up and I was getting insane.

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 - I have the same bloody issue.
Workspace set to prophotorgb
when press export as it does showes me colours way more saturated etc. and contrasty.
All apps and webbrowseers show saturated etc. Only in workspace issue appeares across all adobe apps.
DONT TELL ME ADOBE IS ONLY COLOUR MANAGED BECAUSE CAPTURE ONE HAS NO SUCH ISSUE !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow , how bad is this? ICM profile from xrite is not being accepted by photoshop workspace and hence why colours are desaturated and off. however if I do pick defauls sRGB from windos all the sudden issue disapeares... This is some kind of a joke Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wojcisz, You should not use a display profile as the Photoshop working space. Use, a working colour space say sRGB or Adobe RGB for that, those are 'device-independent' colour spaces designed for the job.

Photoshop deals with the translation between document colourspace (generally a working space) and display colour space. 

Setting the display colour space (profile) as working space opens a user to all sorts of issues down the line. It's best avoided

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NB, colour...

Thank you for your response. It was as helpful as having no response. Thumbs up for this. 

PS.

My Colour Space in Photoshop and Lightroom = AdobeRGB and sometimes ProPhotoRGB.

Monitor colour space in windows = xrite created profile.

To everyone that is sharing the same issue as me.

I have found the way to trick adobe photosop and other adobe software.

SOLUTION:

Right. If you cannot get accurate colours using your custom ICC profile on your monitor from wether X-Rite or Spyder Device on ONLY ADOBE SOFTWARE

Please do as follow (PS. Sorry for Polish text):

1.Press Windows Key + R to open run app and type in colorcpl.exe

Wojcisz_2-1625398744606.png

2.From Devices dropdown list please select device that you are going to run adobe software on.

Wojcisz_6-1625399260225.png

3.Set or add and set sRGB ICE61966-2.1 as default profile. To do that just select "sRGB ICE61966-2.1" and press "Set as Default Profile".

Wojcisz_4-1625399036555.png

4.Open your Adobe software.

Wojcisz_3-1625398904861.png

5.Wait until software fully load and its ready to use.

6.Go back to Colour Management window.

7.Select your custom ICC Profile which was crated when calibrating your monitor. 

Wojcisz_5-1625399081682.png

You are now good to go. 

I hope this helps others that are faciung the same problem with adobe software.

Have a great day you all and enjoy your hobby.

Best Regards

Wojciech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines