• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to move cyan guide lines with arrow keys

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a huge fan of the cyan guidelines in Adobe programs (the ones you get by clicking and dragging from the ruler). I also love being able to move/nudge them with my arrow keys on my keyboard in Illustrator and InDesign. This feature should be included with Photoshop as well. Since these programs are all designed to work together, it seems silly that such a simple yet helpful feature isn't included in all Adobe programs. Please give us this option!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very good idea!
(in fact in Photoshop, as opposite to ID and Illustrator, guides aren't "real" objects (that's why you don't see them in the layers)

However, there may be an option to move them more precisely using the "edit selected guides" option.

View> guides >edit selected guides

Imaginerie_0-1670263903590.png

you have access to an input box where you can either type in your number, or even use the keyboard arrows to move up or down in number... You can also change your colour from there - it doesn't have to be cyan.

The input box can be filled with the ususal suspects (px, cm, in, points etc) and accept direct addition, substration directly in the box...

Imaginerie_1-1670264133467.png

Of course it would be even better with a direct positioning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a shame that this new 2023 feature isn't recordable in an action and that although some script code is recorded, it can't be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate