• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects to Photoshop and back.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE ADOBE, get serious. We need this one so much and fast.

My case (and I guess, many others):

I'm doing some clean up in a ACES shot (32b EXR Seq), using After Effects (Last version) with Content-Aware Fill. When I create a Reference Frame (EXR, not PSD) it opens in Photoshop (Last version), and the problem starts:

1) It looks all blown up in the highlights. When is going to be ACES Management automatic?
2) After looking on several places, find a way to apply some color look up to appear similar to the AE preview in my DELL monitors. Ok, great! (?) Well, Not yet...
3) When is Adobe going to LET US USE ALL THE TOOLS, including Generative AI in 32b?
4) Ok, downgrading to 16b, simple isnt it? NO. The image changes and the aplied luts no longer looks the same. So...
5) How to match color and levels in 16b to see the image THE SAME WAY I see it in AE? Work on it, and the save it in 32b again as it were before, and be able to see that EXR frame to update in AE to FINALLY be able to run "Generate Fill Layer" with the added Reference Frame(s).

(Working on MacOS Ventura 13.6.7 with an 3,42 GHz Intel Core Processor, a AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB, 128 GB 4000 MHz RAM and a 1TB M2 Drive. A (cursing removed) Machine)

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum with occasional visits from Adobe employees. Try posting in the Ideas section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Idea section

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe but a couple of comments:

1...When is going to be ACES Management automatic?
Check out the beta in which early OCIO color management is being tested. Technology previews OpenColorIO Color Management. A new OCIO colour settings appears next to Color settings. You may wish to test and give feedback in the PS Beta forum.

3. When is Adobe going to LET US USE ALL THE TOOLS, including Generative AI in 32b?
Adobe rarely announce their plans in advance for such changes. All you can do is watch the Beta, but even that does not guarantee that a change makes it all the way to the production version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks all blown up in the highlights. When is going to be ACES Management automatic?

By @Gustavo_Saliola

See this Adobe help page for the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES), the industry standard for managing color throughout the life cycle of a motion picture or television production.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/opencolorio-aces-color-management.html

You might also ask in this forum:

https://community.acescentral.com/t/aces-photoshop-friendly-workflows/1369

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate