• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard tool have annoying UX (Suggestion)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the idea of the artboard tool. This year I have used this feature a lot. But there is some problems that I hope that adobe dev team could dicuss for  next updates.

- Select tool changes to artboard tool / There is no shortcut specific for this tool:
When I'm dragging elements near of the border of the artboard the artboard itself is selected and dragged. Once you are working with heavy elements you could crash the PS or delaying your work. This is a nerve wracking situation.
Suggestion of workaround: Do not automate the artboard handling. Make a specific tool, with specific shortcut for it. Keep it simple.

-Dragging element bigger than artboard (or multiple elements) problem:
When I'm dragging  some element bigger thar the artboard or when the position is offset the element appear in the artboard nearby or in outside the artboard. Some times just don't go on the AB that I whant to put it. It's like PS is choosing for me witch one is the best.
Suggestion of workaround: Keep It simple. The artboard to drop the elements is the one under the mouse cursor. Maybe a toggle button on options to change when you need to drag in oderway.

-RAM memory handle
It's a heavy dutty feature. Some times you just need the reference in site to work but the PS load all layers in memory making the work labourious. 
Suggestion of workaround: Maybe if PS use some proxy image like After Effects and Premiere uses it could be helpfull on artboard and folder layers. A toggle button, maybe, that merge, compress and crop all layers under just for visualization and memory handle could be usefull. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?