• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboards - Bleed and custom spacing when hitting the plus symbol

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make large graphics that cover parts of football fields and use artboards to divide up the graphic into smaller sections. 

Artboard bleed setting similar to Illustrator:
Currently working on one that is 8' h x 80' wide. I need to divide this into 10 equal 8'x8' prints that need about 6" of bleed per side. I generally go to illustrator to create the artboards/bleed in there. I'd love to remove that step and have artboards work in PS with bleed settings like they do in illustraor. 

Remove the auto gap when adding a new artboard:
Sometimes I don't need bleed so I use PS to generate artboards/individual prints. When creating each artboard I make one then hit the "+" symbol to the right. When PS creates a new one, it automatically adds a gap between the new one and the old one.,. This gap can turn into a costly mistake. I'd love to be able to edit that gap to 0".

Currently I manually drag it back to snap up against the previous artboard. There is no way that I have found to type in a number, just click and drag and that can have unpredictible/dangerous results.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, artboards need more features!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Artboard bleed setting similar to Illustrator:
that need about 6" of bleed per side. I generally go to illustrator to create the artboards/bleed in there.

By @Jen5FFC

Bleeds are not only unavailable for artboards — they don't exist anywhere in Photoshop.

Both InDesign and Illustrator have bleed guides so you can draw your image off the page/artboard into an area that will be cut off when printing onto rolls of paper. Without the bleed, the paper might shift, leaving a very thin white strip along the edge of the paper. In the olden days before bleed guides, we created ruling guides in the pasteboard area. 

A standard bleed is 1/8" or 0p9 picas, not six inches. Nothing that is important should be in the bleed area, as anything in the bleed area gets cut off and thrown away when printed. Is that what you are trying to do? Or something else? The 6" confuses me, so there is something I don't understand in your post.

One limitation for Photoshop is that it does not have a pasteboard or area outside of the canvas to add bleed guides.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate