• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have an unblur tool like AI websites use

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unblur feature that works the exact same way as AI apps.

I am having to export my images and open them in app.remini.ai website and it totally perfects blurry faces without issue and its a lifesaver.

Photoshop should be advanced enough now to have this feature and would be superb to have it and works well, sharpening tool just doesnt cut it. 

Please Adobe check out app.remini.ai/ and implement this fantastic feature for us šŸ™‚

Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not an AI diffusion tool. 

That said, the closest thing to 'unblur' can be found under Filters > Sharpen. However every action has an equal and opposite reaction.  In the case of sharpening, you may end up with halos around your image.  That's not good either.

My personal favorites are Smart Sharpen and Unsharp Mask. You have more control with these tools.  For best results, copy layer with Ctrl+J first.  Apply filter to topmost layer and if needed, dial it back by reducing the layer's Opacity.   For more details, see this tutorial.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use it but it just does a poor job compared to modern tech.

The AI makes photoshop pointless as it works better.

Look at my example attached and I think Adobe need to look into this.
See images for my example on how good it is. Photoshop cannot do this to this extent and AI is weakening photoshop 68804FB0-E4E9-4F65-B403-5694BCB66DA7.jpeg364032F9-7400-4996-98AE-02416EA2BC73.jpeg

ā€ƒā€ƒ

AI reconstructed the details and make it look clean and sharp. Photoshop doesnā€™t do it this good and the smart sharpen does not unblur images.

Iā€™m seriously considering leaving done as AI does much better jobs and much cheaper for photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to make your own choices.

From where I sit, sometimes AI is good enough but many times it's just meh -- missing the mark in other ways. It all depends on the type of blur & quality of image you're working with.

When AI isn't sufficient, it's important to have the necessary tools & talent to do the job right even if it takes longer.  That's what we're paid to do.

I posted a video on how to get good results from Photoshop.  Did you look at it?

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did watch it and it's totally different. Doesn't work with a blurry image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remini is awesome, the unblur feature is a true lifesaver. Adobe have an AI engine called Sensei, but it looks like adobe don't really believe in AI. Their focuse is on classic applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate