• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More tools for Text Designers?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am using Photoshop for 10 years now and is my go-to program over them all

Wondering if the Devs can make my life easier since I am a long time paying customer for there Program.

Here are some of my ideas: 

• Updated Pentool (I find many errors with current one seems outdated)
  • New gradient tool
  • 3D tool for Layers/text
  • Color palette tool
  • Steal some stuff from illustrator to give Perfectionists who don't edit photos a better more fun experience (for instance quallity issues) 

I attached my latest text design made in photoshop with 300 layers to give a better example of what I mean. Its hard to create what I do in Photoshop, but I will always choose this program. 🙂

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn I guess not Sadge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kreoo!

Thanks for starting a thread for ideas. For this to be helpful, can you provide what would make each bullet point helpful to you? I would recommend reading the post guidelines for ideas and using them to get your requests below submitted in a way that will be received: How do I write a feature request? - Adobe Support Community - 12384447 

The first one being that you can only submit one idea per thread. Additionally I wrote some quick notes that are also mentioned in the post guidelines.

• What exactly do you want to see? What is outdated to you currently and what can be improved? List them out and be specific
  • New gradient tool
    • What do you want to see new here that isn't already there?
    • What do you want to see new here that isn't already there?
  • Color palette tool
  • Steal some stuff from illustrator to give Perfectionists who don't edit photos a better more fun experience (for instance quality issues) 
    • Again, what do you mean? Provide examples and be specific.

I know you mention you like to use photoshop as it's your "go to" but illustrator is made for this type of work.  It's made specifically for what you are trying to achieve in your example. It may be a be better option for you rather than trying to make another program into a program that already exists. Adobe does love the feedback and it would be great to get suggestions out there for others to opine on.. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kreoo 

Paths in Illustrator have gotten updates that have not made it into PS. Illustrator is a drawing application; Photoshop is an image editor at its core. I draw paths in Illustrator, then copy and paste them to Photoshop.

• New gradient tool
    Illustrator has a new gradient tool: Freeform Gradients

3D is being removed from Photoshop, so that won't happen. It has been revamped in Illustrator
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html
    https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/create-3d-graphics.html

• Color palette tool
    There is not a tool called "Color Palette". Are you thinking of the Color panel? What are you looking for here?

• Steal some stuff from illustrator to give Perfectionists who don't edit photos a better more fun experience (for instance quallity issues) 
    Photoshop has adopted quite a few features from Illustrator over the years. I don't work for Adobe and this is my personal opinion, but I would venture a guess that this would continue.

As Chris said, "Illustrator is made for this type of work." 

My personal workflow is that I use both Photoshop and Illustrator and hop back and forth between them, using whichever does the job best for what I am trying to achieve.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I truly thank you both for your replies. I appreciate them alot.

However I believe results can be truly achieved in Photoshop, even if the Devs don't want to "update" certain parts of the tools like @Chris 486 mentioned illustrator had gotten.

Sadly I started visual design back in 2009 when illustrator wasn't really something I knew about, hence why all my knowledge is around and will stay in Photoshop!

I would truly appreciate if you guys could help me with my bullet points to the devs as I am not smart at this stuff and its not really my "thing" ya know?

Also my reason for not switching to illustrator is that the shortcuts/tools are too hard for me to comprehend, as you can imagine using Photoshop for 10 years you know all the ins-and-outs and there stuck in your brain... 

I envy anyone who can switch from Photoshop to illustrator back and forth, though I feel like I can do anything illustrator can do in Photoshop...

If any Devs are reading this I just beg you help me out a little in the future in terms of "the visual designer" aspects, they have some rather loyal program users and I hope they'll notice that one day<3

Here is something I'm working on in Photoshop right now!

kreoo_0-1651658093024.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kreoo!

We are happy to help if we can. There is not too much to guide on. I would start by selecting a single bullet point, ask yourself, "what would make this better for me and why?" It's important to articulate the change you want and also why it would be helpful to you as a user. 

Purely for example:

you could title your idea something like: "Want smoothness option in gradient to have individual controls at each stop in the editor"

Then your post would say something like: " I find that I need to control the smoothness of each stop independently for my work. I just the gradient tool in my mask and find that if i could control the smoothness at each stop in my gradient editor, it would allow me to create one custom gradient rather than using layers and multiple gradients to create the same effect. Attached is a screen shot of what I am think and the layers i currently use to acheive this which I think can be replaced with the addition of this function." 

Others than can come into the thread and ask questions to get spcecifics, etc. to understand exactly how you thin kthat feature might work. That's it in a nutshell. You'll need to know exactly what you want so you can write it down and submit the reason why you need it. 

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The design you posted.  Guessing you are a gamer?
Me too actually.  I am actually pretty well connected to the Games Industry on LinkedIn.... I think I know almost every studio now.  And some of the big shots at the studios.  😉

I think Photoshop is always evolving.  Sometimes in good ways, sometimes not. 
I do understand why the 3D functions are being moved to Illustrator.  Since vectors tend to be more mathematical it makes sense.

Have you tried the feature request page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@KShinabery212 said,

"I do understand why the 3D functions are being moved to Illustrator.  Since vectors tend to be more mathematical it makes sense."

To clarify, the 3D feature are not being "moved", since Illustrator has had 3D since CS (version 11) in 2003. The part that's new is that the Illustrator tean has revamped it while keeping the "legacy" 3D.

Have you tried the feature request page?

The OP posted to the "Ideas" section, which is the feature request page. The feedback forum got merged with this one last August.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate