• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option to place Smart Objects by resolution instead of dimensions

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the option to check a box to place Smart Objects in a Photoshop file by resolution (not by dimensions) would be handy for something like the following: I want to use Smart Objects in Pattern Preview. My scans of things I illustrated (and edited in their respective files) are various sizes. This would make pattern creation faster and easier to use for some projects. Please consider this as an update. Thank you!

(Since there are some really old forum conversations about this topic with a lot of replies on current uses, to clarify: I'm not asking for an explanation for how to use the existing workflow; I'm asking for the ability to have a new option included in the workflow that respects resolution.)

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[It wouldn't let me post this without a topic, but it didn't give me topics that made sense to choose from for some reason.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it help if you used consistently sized, blank Smart Objects that you create ahead of time within your document? You could open such a blank, insert and resize your content, save and close the Smart Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JA-creator 

I have voted your idea/request.

In the meantime, would you consider using a script to provide the behaviour that you desire?

Votes

Translate

Translate