• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to search for layers in the layer panel

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2011 Apr 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Description — It’s quite common for Photoshop documents to contain a lot of layers. I have some documents here with well over 1000 layers, and I don’t think I’m alone (I have groups for each state of the iOS app usually). It’d be great to be able to filter the layers palette. I realise the complications this might add: Should users be able to edit layers in the search results? If so, how do you handle events like reordering layers? It might be easy to just drop back to the normal (non-search results) view as soon as they do anything, but select the top layer from the search results, or the layer they clicked in the search results.

Workaround — Scrolling through layers and groups until the desired layer is found. Or, right clicking in the canvas and selecting the correct layer from the list of layers under the mouse cursor.

Image is not available

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm happy to say that this feature is in Photoshop CS6:

Try the beta here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ph...

If you have ideas for improvements/refinements for Layer Search, please create new topics for individual ideas. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm happy to say that this feature is in Photoshop CS6:

Try the beta here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ph...

If you have ideas for improvements/refinements for Layer Search, please create new topics for individual ideas. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have ideas for improvements/refinements for Layer Search. Please create new topics for individual ideas. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There !
My Name is Asi Givati
asigivati@gmail.com
i just wanna suggest you for the next ver of photoshop or whatever, to make a search button for layers name.
im working with many layers all the time, and this kind of search button can be very useful for me and for everyone!
i made a example to show you what i mean, it should look like that:
http://i47.tinypic.com/14kgm6h.jpg
thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop,简称“PS”,是一个由Adobe Systems开发和发行的图像处理软件。Photoshop主要处理以像素所构成的数字图像。使用其众多的编修与绘图工具,可以更有效的进行图片编辑工作。2003年,Adobe将Adobe Photoshop 8更名为Adobe Photoshop CS。因此,最新版本Adobe Photoshop CS6是Adobe Photoshop中的第13个主要版本。

历经了无数版本PS现在越来越人性化 可扩展功能也越来越多

在这里我有一个小小的建议 希望PS的下一个版本更够实现

我希望 PS在下一个版本会出现图层名称关键字搜索功能

因为在作图的过程中应用了大量的图层虽然很久以前就有了图层分组功能

但是感觉如果能加入 图层名称搜索这个功能 将会更方便

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i usually work pretty tidy with Photoshop, trying to name my layers and effects. Given there are probably many people who do that, i believe that a great idea is to be able to filter layer by using a search filter where you can manually input the name of the layer and get it singled out.

Votes

Translate

Translate