• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring Quick Share back to Photoshop (removed from 23.3)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, bring back the Quick Share button that was at the top right of Photoshop (it was just removed with the April release of Photoshop 23.3)

The reasoning for removing it is stated as "due to low usage, desire to simplify the options bar UI, and redundant functionality to other export functions."

But there is no other export function (that I am aware of) that allows you to send an image directly to another device via AirDrop -- This was extremely convenient as I didnt have to save/export a file onto my HDD everytime I wanted to send something to my phone or tablet.
Please bring it back and tuck it away somwhere if you have to.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Sorry to say, the removal of the quick share button was intentional: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/quick-share.html

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

UPDATE – 24 April 2022: This reply was marked correct, but things have changed. Since I originally posted this reply, Adobe has updated their help article for Quick Share to say:

Goodbye, Quick Share!
With the April release of Photoshop 23.3, Quick Share will be removed due to low usage, desire to simplify the options bar UI, and redundant functionality to other export functions.

So it looks like Adobe may be removing this feature permanently.

- - -

My original reply from 16 March 2021:

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 254 Replies 254
254 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please reinstate this feature. I post to instagram a fwe times a day and I would airdrop to my phone several times a day directly from photoshop. Now I have to save first. This is not a smooth workflow. Please bring back this feature that I used EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some version of Photoshop there was a send button and I could send it via telegram or airdrop quickly without saving or exporting. I really need a button like this/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be brought back in the next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We as users, should petition Adobe to reinstate the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly this needs to be bought back immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes most definitely, but I feel it is falling on deaf ears. No one even replies as to why it won’t.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are listening but prefer you $hare it through the Adobe Cloud instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no way they're not seeing this thread, they want you using their cloud I assume, it's not the same experience, it's an extra step.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We as users, should petition Adobe to reinstate the feature.
By @Anthony Davenport 

Just note that this thread is already a sort of petition, and it is one Adobe actually reviews on their own website, because some requests in this Ideas section have an Adobe-assigned status, some even have a status of Released (i.e., they did it). So this is a good place for it, and as I write this there are 10 pages of comments (so, hundreds of comments) in this thread, with 152 upvotes at the top. That might be as good a petition as you’re going to get.

If you sort the Ideas category by Upvotes, it looks like this is #5 for Ideas that are not already Released or Declined.

Just because it gets a lot of user attention doesn’t mean it gets worked on next. Any developer has multiple priorities driving what features and fixes go in, so that might be why they still haven’t addressed this. I’d have thought they would have made this a higher priority, because Share is such a basic part of macOS compatibility, almost all applications support it. The number of comments shows that users expect Share to be there. But apparently there are other forces at work here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Conrad said, be sure to click the Upvote button at the very top of the page if you have not done so yet.

Jane

janee_1-1699906344838.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I can’t afford all these extras, so I won’t use cloud. Many of us are the same. I’ve had to let most of my monthly services like iCloud storage go. 2023 has gotten out of line expense wise!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have been the person that originally requested the share button be re added. That was over a year ago. Hopefully they are not that far behind…

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!! MISSING IT SO MUCH! 💔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holy.. how is this still just gone, vanished, disappeared for good after all these comments? the reasoning is the most funny thing ever, talking about redundancy of features, as if there was any convenient replacement to quickly sharing to the photos app on Mac OS....

i went the extra mile and reinstalled the old Photoshop 2021 (22.2) which at least is still available in the CC app for install so i still can use the share function on an ancient Rosetta build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so many uselss functions and upgrades the one thing i use dozens of times daily is editing photos and quick airdop to three other people int he room. why have this horrible share link instead of allowing me to just airdop seamlessly in a second? please bring back quick share airdop. heartbraking 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE NEED THE AIRDROP OPTION BACK!! It was very convenient to have that option there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh.  So annoying that sharing takes fifty clicks or sending share links...  This feature was SOOOO useful and now we're back to classic feature bloat with the lame new "share" link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know you are hearing our concerns. If you can’t what good is this forum?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been 2-years since this thread started and don't think this feature will ever come back. My workaround has been Dropbox. Anything I want to transfer I save it there and download to my phone form the dropbox app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I jus upgraded to Ps 2024, I am a graphic designer and I use the little icons to airdrop work to my phone to share w clients or social media!  It's GONE!!! FIX IT NOW!!!  Says it wasn't used that why yall got rid of it!!!  I use it every single project!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@isaiah22871980z3on that feature has been gone due to Mac OS restrictions for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been begging for this for over two years maybe longer. Even after multiple requests still nothing done. Makes me think they don’t care what we want or that they aren’t even monitoring this site. Seems like it could be an easy fix so my guess is they aren’t reading all these requests.
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Due to low usage" what a crock!!! It was the most helpful since pathfinder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@isaiah22871980z3on I would agree being a Mac user impacted by this myself, however 248 replies over a 2 year period does not scream "widely used" compared to the total user base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

248 replies probably represents 24,800. Not everyone takes the time to write.
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate