• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Enhance guides to allow angled/perspective guides

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why just horizontal or vertical guide lines? why don't you introduce angular guides or perhaps a function like the one in illustratore "make guide" ?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Thanks for the suggestions. Be sure to hit the UpVote button at the top of the page if you'd like to see tools for perspective guides/grids and drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
104 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a solid request -- thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2011 Apr 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! This is especially useful for two or three point perspective image composites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an excellent point esoglobine. In the mean time, you can use path tool to draw your own, custom guides instead. Displayed Path will take a precedence when attempting Free Transform however. here's how to 'trick' Photoshop.

Select targeted Layer and select your Path 'guide'. Press cmd-h to hide the path, initiate Free Transform on targeted Layer - press cmd-h to view path again - continue Free Transform on the targeted Layer.

A little work around, but an excellent way to follow precise guides - without guides! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I've always wanted this feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i got a nice idea: photoshop cs5.1 isn't able to rotate help lines to a manual entered angle. this could be helpful if you want to check for falling lines at (for example) buldings, walls or some objects - important for picture analysis!!
next idea - same direction: photoshop cs5.1 isn't able to exempt shifted objects (see above).

-> i think photoshop should get some select features as we can it use it in powerpoint or ms visio but don't make a copy.....

ich hoffe, man kann mein holpriges englisch lesen - i hope you can unserstand my english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great request! I've never been thinking about that but actually it makes great sense.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a simple, one-click tool that allows you to define a point from which guide lines radiate? It would be very handy in setting up the perspective of a painting; much nicer than having to create a layer and draw lines in by hand.
Bonus points if the opacity of the guide lines can be controlled so they can be dialed back to a nice, unobtrusive level.
Double bonus points if you can choose the number of lines and whether they appear only above the horizon line, below the horizon line, or both above and below.
Triple bonus points if the perspective guide can be locked in position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photoshop going to have angled/diagonal guides? Currently I can only set up horizontal or vertical guides. I think it wuold be beneficial to have angled guides. A used could enter specific angles or choose from standard, 15,30,45,60 degree angled guides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Paths for guides with a great deal of success.

note: Path will take precedence when Free Transform is initiated. To avoid this Com.H (to hide the Path) -> initiate free Transform -> Com.H (to reveal Path guide) -> continue Free Transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I do programming with C++ & Python and this is first time i m going to make plugin for Photoshop.

My aim is to create "Perspective Grid Tool" like in Adobe Illustrator.

nf_gridpresetsdef_popup.png

So please advice me , From Where can i start ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching lot on google i found some useful tools for creating Perspective Grid inside Photoshop.

Perspective tools 1.6.1

http://www.hundredsofsparrows.com/index.php/tools/

kitfox perspectiveGrids

http://www.kitfox.com/projects/photoshopPersp/index.html

Epic Carapace Tool

http://download.udk.com/Carapace/Carapace%20v1.0.rar

But still i wish that in next version of Photoshop, Developer will add this tool inside pack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sketchbook PRO 2015: perspective sketching tools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96G15n08Y4

Hope Photoshop Developers team will give tools like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to angled guides, the ability to create point guides would be immensly powerful for my workflow.

Many times i've found that i need to snap to a corner or a specific spot for one piece of the content and a slightly different variation of that x point at a vastly different y point. This has resulted in some of my documents having way more guides than I can keep track of, when all i need is to assign a guide point and not worry about it snapping halfway down the document to the wrong guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the ability to sketch in perspective, having strokes constrained to adjustable points placed on the canvas would be terrific like having a t square and ruler on my old drafting table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you're not aware, you can do this already using the Vanishing Point filter using a simple (round) brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I will look into the VP filter a bit more, it wasn't obvious right off the bat how to get it going but I will keep at it, also the simple round brush is a rare tool in my arsenal, but that is beside the point. Here is a quick mock up of what I was thinking, if it ends up being helpful I could go into more detail and do some other mock ups, but this is the basic idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. So you more or less angled guides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as long as they are fixed to a vanishing point and only lock in when the pen touches down. I wouldn't want to have to readjust the angle for each stroke if it were a fixed angle thing. Although even having an adjustable angle guide would be a step in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modified the mock up and idea to clarify what I was thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add inclined benchmarks on photoshop. it is fine to have marks, but ps supports only vertically, and horizontally marks. I have projetcs that need inclined marks ... so please add this fonction

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wonder why Photoshop doesn't support diagonal guides lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be extremely helpful to have tools like the ellipse guides and rulers that work more like in the real world, similar to Artrage, Clip studio paint and Sketchbook Pro (for example 10 seconds into this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96G15...).

Having the possibility to regulate pen pressure while having the trajectory of the brush locked to an ellipse guide or ruler would make a huge improvement to the current Photoshop drawing workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perspective grid tool for ps cc

looking to use the perspective tool in ps-cc is it native to the updated program or is it a external plug in and how to i get it.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean the Vanishing Point filter found in the Filters Menu.

If you mean Perspective Warp, you can find that in the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate