• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Increase GIF Save For Web frame limit beyond 500 frames without awkward workarounds

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIF making has become an integral part of Internet culture. In the past few years, the so called High Quality GIF has taken the format to new heights via offering .h264 or webm versions for low-bandwidth consumption.GIF genres have also exploded in this time. There are reaction GIFs, "dubbed" GIFs (dialog replaced with often humorous text), and many, many more. Many of these genres push the limits of GIF into new directions.Unfortunately Photoshop has not grown to meet the needs of these content creators. The 500 frame limit has spawned a few tutorials using Frame Animations to copy and paste frames between documents that are awkward, kuldgey, and prove that PS itself can go well beyond the arbitrary limitation.I implore you to please remove the limit or allow an experienced user to disable it.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2019 Aug 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Please! Because people have been translating After Effects footage into gifs to be brought into Adobe Captivate. The only way to do this is by using Photoshop as an intermediary. Please see this thread: https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/05/painless-animated-gifs-captivate/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While going beyond 500 frames is not recommended, there are cases where it is needed.

I recently moved from using the free software, Gimp, to Photoshop and this limitation seems very much a negative.

I feel it should be allowed to go far beyond 500 frames, but always provide a warning pop-up that a user must interact with to confirm importing so many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It errors when I try to UPVOTE!! PLEASE ADD THIS capability of more than 500 frames! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if this problem has been fixed? I need to make a 33 second GIF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the easiest solution I have found. And it is easy. I just made a nice 920 frame GIF that looks and plays great. The 500+ frame method begins at the 3:15 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCefqK5vqUQ&list=PLdgcshIMmaa2iNJ6BXf_JBARKA0cvXhaU&index=3

Votes

Translate

Translate