• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We need Magnific AI level AI in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not looked at Magnific AI - please take a moment and look at this tool. If Adobe wants to be able to keep up with the advancements happening all around us in the AI image generation world, this is where we should be. Being able to not only upscale but add details to an image based on a prompt is something that most Photoshop artists need to have. The AI generation tools in Photoshop are already looking kind of old in comparison to other things happening in the AI world. Most of the generations I have received from Photoshop are really really awful and down right just not a useful feature most of the time. You have all of Adobe Stock to train your models on but I still get horrific, nightmare-inducing generations.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us don't need or particularly care about AI at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User complain about $9.99 USD for Adobe Photography plan. How many takers for a basic plan of $39? Do not think they will have many jumping on this deal. I think they will need a major price reduction first. As Lumigraphics states not too many are interested, at least in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics then you really don't need to comment on the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matthew31632312f1q1 keep in mind with other AI solutions, their source material is much larger than what Firefly/Adobe Gen AI is training on. However, comparing Firefly gen 1 vs today you can see definite improvements and a positive trajectory for the product.

From a business standpoint, I like that Firefly is training on licensed, released images instead of allegedly illegally scraping uncredited sources, leaving users/companies open to litigation from artists who's material was used without permisson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I do, its important for everyone to have perspective and see the bigger picture. 

[remarks removed by moderator - please be respectful]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matthew31632312f1q1 Adobe is also testing AI releated zoom capabilities with SuperZoom and other beta options. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/super-zoom-in-photoshop-vs-super-reso...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredibly regretful I posted this. I didn't realize there were so many angry people on these forums. Thanks for your useful feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is angry, but there are a lot of competing priorities and interests and legal issues. This is all new and while AI may be a huge deal to some, to others its just a waste of time and energy. YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIncredibly regretful I posted this. I didn't realize there were so many angry people on these forums. Thanks for your useful feedback. 
By @Matthew31632312f1q1

Matthew, anyone can answer a question. You can use the Report button under each Reply if the answer is out of line. Those with "Community Expert" on their avatars are accountable to Adobe and if "Adobe Employee" appears, it indicates Staff.

You posted to Ideas where the Photoshop team will see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'....add details to an image based on a prompt is something that most Photoshop artists need to have.'

Actually that is a big assumption. Given the refusal to copyright generated images in some localities, many commercial artists need to avoid AI generated content (as opposed to AI driven tools). I've no doubt generative AI has its uses and some will use it extensively but for others it will be a no-no. Fortunately Adobe content credentials support the ethical way in which Adobe have approached generative AI.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two camps of Photoshop users: purists & non-purists. 

Purists like me who use Photoshop to create original content. Our main interest is in the core features that Photoshop is famous for.  We don't rely much on AI for legal & continuity reasons.

Non-purists who want a 'Swiss Army Knife' -- a holy grail of Photoshop plus everything you'd find in dedicated specialty apps.  Plugins to the rescue!

Plugins are built by 3rd parties to add unique features that Photoshop doesn't have.  However, not all plugins are created equally. Some plugins can't deliver the same experience as the dedicated apps.  Choose the best tools for the job.

Magnific AI costs $39/month.  I'm not aware of a plugin at this time.

Gigapixel AI Plugin for Photoshop (works well at upscaling AI)

https://docs.topazlabs.com/other-apps/gigapixel-ai/how-to-launch-gigapixel-ai-as-a-plugin-in-photosh...

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this may or may not be true. My guess is that AI will be a fad, used by some but of no benefit to many. For my work, I see little use for AI image generation, even if legal issues are ironed out. I'm not against AI, but it seems like there are lots of "artists" who rely on AI the way that some "singers" rely on Autotune.

Many of us would rather that Adobe NOT expend a huge amount of effort on AI while leaving other areas to rot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've compared the quality of upscaling between Gigapixel and Magnific and found Gigapixel to be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Many of us would rather that Adobe NOT expend a huge amount of effort on AI while leaving other areas to rot."

===========

I see your point.  This isn't a debate about "AI v. non-AI" but to what extent Photoshop can do ALL things well for ALL people?

I'm reminded of when Photoshop extended into the 3D graphics space and failed.  Eventually Photoshop's 3D got scrapped and replaced with a newly acquired suite of tools called Substance -- currently available by separate purchase. I predict that eventually Adobe will do the same with AI and offer a suite of dedicated apps targeted at the AI content creators who want them.  IOW, different tools for different types of users.

In the meantime, we can use 3rd party apps alongside Photoshop or leverage existing tools with optional plugins like Topaz' Gigipixel AI. 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nothing at all against AI, in fact I'm all in favor of finding new challenges for computers to conquer. But I'm also pragmatic and can see Adobe (and other vendors) making a mistake of over-betting on AI as the current buzz word. It wouldn't be the first time that big corporations tripped over their own feet in a rush to monetize The Next Big Thing.

We are currently seeing a bubble slowly deflating with electric cars, as an example. EVs are probably the future but you can't just magically change what's practical today into what will be eventually coming along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in favor of Adobe pursuing AI. Especially with their neural networks. They have made great strides in this area. There are various categories within AI. I believe the OP was trumpting Generative AI. Which also has a place in the tool box. However, everything has a price breaking point. A whopping $39 per month subscription price is too much for most user's.

Votes

Translate

Translate