• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop automation or script that would look up from csv?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Photoshop automation or script that would look up data from csv and crop accordingly?

For example, I place a crop line below the knee for images that need to be cropped and show only the “top” part and place crop line around waist for images that need to be cropped and show only “bottom” part. Then if the csv has a “top” and “bottom” keywords, can Photoshop look up those keywords and crop accordingly?

I’m hoping there is a simple solution to this kind of automation in Photoshop without the need to involve complicated scripting.

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can read a csv file like you would read any file in photoshop.

Here's a link to a topic about that:

Read a .txt file

Complicated is a relative concept, it might be easy for you, but complicated for somebody else.

Hard to say based on what we know right now whether you'll find it complicated scripting or not.

Hope it helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. I would check out the link you shared and see if its something I can understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines