• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky Replacement in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Sky Replacement stopped working. All sky replacement layers set up and appear functionig, but no change in photo?  What am I missing?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultyz8ydhncgwu2 I just put the sky replacement feature through a rigorous test on version 22.5 and it worked great; quite fast, too, and I'm using an older system. However, I'm on Windows 10. We'll need to know more about your exact PS version and OS to see what's going on. Did it just stop working on only one image or does this happen with any image you try? Are you outputting the new sky to a separate layer? And even though that layer is visible and on top of the original layer, there is no change in the sky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest OS and latest Photoshop. All sky replacement layers appear but no change in photo. Happens with all sky photos. Skies are easily recognizable everything seemms to working except final result.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for that. Just to clarify, no matter what photo you start with, the sky replacement won't "stick" to the photo. Can you try it with my photo that I'm attaching here? I'd like to rule out your original file so we are certain it's the replacement tool function that isn't working properly. Also, it would be great if you could share some screenshots of your image and layers panel with before and after results like this:

JainLemos_0-1629820151446.pngJainLemos_1-1629820169393.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultyz8ydhncgwu2 One more thing to try to see if it makes any difference is to go to Preferences > Technology Previews and check "Deactivate Native Canvas." Then restart PS and try the sky replacement tool again. Let us know any other troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I have M1 Macbook Air, Big Sur, PS 22.5.1.  Tried using sky replacement at first and it created a mask shadow sitting on the top left of the image in oreview.  Uninstalled PS, reinstalled and ran sky replacement.  The mask shadow disappeared, but there was no change to the image.  e doeOn selecting th sky, the preview image does not change.  Clicked applied and the sky replacement group appears in the layers panel, but there is no change in the image.  I tried your last suggestion to Deactivate Native Canvas and restarted PS.  No change to sky replacement, same problem.  Attached are screen shots.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.10.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.11.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chongandy Hi, there is a new version out that may solve your issue. Have you installed v. 23.0 yet? Please do and let us know if Sky Replacement is now working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jain,  installed the PS 23 upgrade and it solved the sky reolacement issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Glad to hear that worked. Thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines