• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR 16 update in PSE 2024 does not work

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a new A7C R, and need ACR 16 in PSE 2024. I tried everything to install ACR 16, but does not work. Manually installed, but then it is not shown in PSE 2024 as plugin. And if I click on install in PSE 2024, it installs always an old version ACR 15.5.0.1595. Any workaround that allows me to install ACR 16 in PSE 2024?

[Mod: Moved to the appropriate Photoshop Elements forum]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Please ignore what AxelMatt posted:   It simply is not correct.

PSE 2024 is 100% compatible with ACR 16.0.  I manually installed it a couple of days after acr 16.0 came out.

Since your camera needs it, please follow the instructions below the posted image-  which is a screenshot from PSE 2024.

2023-11-18_032413.png

ONCE YOU MANUALLY INSTALL ACR ACCESS IT FROM HERE:

FILE>OPEN IN CAMERA RAW  (From the editor menu)

The following is a workaround to update Camera Raw within Elements. It is recommended to wait for Camera Raw up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2024 isn't compatible with ACR 16.x

See here: Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

To use the RAW files of your new Sony A7C R you have to use the Adobe DNG Converter to convert it into DNG files which can be used in PSE 2024.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore what AxelMatt posted:   It simply is not correct.

PSE 2024 is 100% compatible with ACR 16.0.  I manually installed it a couple of days after acr 16.0 came out.

Since your camera needs it, please follow the instructions below the posted image-  which is a screenshot from PSE 2024.

2023-11-18_032413.png

ONCE YOU MANUALLY INSTALL ACR ACCESS IT FROM HERE:

FILE>OPEN IN CAMERA RAW  (From the editor menu)

The following is a workaround to update Camera Raw within Elements. It is recommended to wait for Camera Raw updates within the product for issue fixes. 

If you haven't been able to update the Camera Raw plug-in for Elements, follow these steps:

• Quit all Adobe applications.
  •  
    • On macOS, double-click the .dmg file to mount it.
    • On Windows double-click the downloaded .zip file to unzip it. (Windows might unzip the file for you.)
  •  
    • On macOS, double-click the .pkg file to start the installer. 
    • On Windows, double-click the resulting .exe file to start the installer.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Once installed successfully, close the installer window.
  • Navigate to the following folder:
    • On macOS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats
    • On Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats
  • Copy the Camera Raw plug-in from the CC > File Formats folder that is mentioned in the above step.
  • Navigate to the following folder: 
    • On macOS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/Elements<Version Number>/File Formats
    • On Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements<Version Number>\File Formats
  • Replace the existing Camera Raw plugin in Elements<Version Number> folder with the plug-in that you copied in step 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Glen, thanks a lot, it worked!

If someone else needs to fix it: The second folder is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 2024\File Formats  ->Space between Elements and 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines