• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADJUST FACIAL ELEMENTS NOT APPLYING TO PHOTO

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to apply changes on a photo facial features. I make the adjustments and hit the "OK" button. but the changes dont take effect; ie; the photo is the same as before. The circle is around the face and the sliders adjust ok, but the changes dont save. Am I missing something?   Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

What format photo file are you working on?  Are you working on a file with more than one layer?

Where are you comparing the adjustments?  Some of them can be quite subtle.

Some screenshots of your observation would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Photoshop Elements 2023, .png file, one layer. I can make my face a cartoon in the filter window, but once I hit OK nothing changes in the source file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johns19585100 what OS and version of Elements are you using?

Have you tried adjusting the facial features in the Perfect Portrait Guided Edit (found in Guided>Special Edits)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry, critical element, that. Mac OS Monterey (12.6.2). Elements 2023 (is there another version number somewhere?)

Yes, have tried the guided edit, but it opens the same module for facial adjustment as when you open from advanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johns19585100, I believe there have been some improvements in the Guided Edit version.  Can you attach a sample photo that is not working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. I'm trying to edit my headshot for Linked In. Need more smile goin' on there....

John portrait edit2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there is no problem with the photo, using Windows:

Adjust-Face---Smile.gif

Are you able to see the changes in the Editor on your Mac?  How are you trying to save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the changes while in the editor module, but when I click OK it doesn't save the changes into the main window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs. It sounds like it may be a file permissions issue. I will ping @Jeff Arola whose expertise includes all things Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks. I can save the file normally, so Elements definitely has write access in general and for this specific file....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can give the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023 Editor Full Disk Access by going to Apple>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Full Disk Access, adding the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app in Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023/Support Files and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to report that adding those permissions didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting tidbit, though: since changing that setting, the Guided launch point for that module now gives me two complaints:

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 6.43.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-16 at 6.43.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen if the Expert mode you go to Enhance>Adjust Facial Features....?

What model and year Mac do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly after rebooting I don't get the "can't find your face" error any more. Still doesn't save changes, though.

Mac is a 2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a "mesh" mode in Elements where I could just drag stuff around independent of facial features? I feel like that used to exist...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is Filter>Distort>Liquify and Edit>Transform>Warp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .   I think the Warp tool in the Liquify dialog will be your best bet.

Snap_2023.03.17_12h13m51s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here's an interesting tidbit: the liquify tool doesn't save changes either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the photoshop elements editor preferences by going to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023 Editor >Preferences>General, clicking on Reset Preferences on next launch and restarting the photoshop elements editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a full uninstall/reinstall of the program and choose the option to delete preferences that should pop up when you uninstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a complete uninstall/reinstall, and told it to delete preferences. No Joy. Neither "adjust facial features" nor the liquify distort dialog save what I do in them to the working image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines