• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe elements 14

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently purchased a new computer with 2 drives, a C drive with 128GB memory and a D drive with 1000GB memory. My Adobe has been installed on C drive and I have now run out of memory.  Is it possible to move Adobe from C to D drive?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

128 GB is really a bit short (I know, my C drive partition has only 150GB)

I think that you could theoretically install the software on the D drive, but before that, try the other solutions:

- in your preferences, set the "scratch disk" to the D drive

- Move your catalog(s) to "custom location" on the D drive from your explorer. Default location: menu Help >> system information. You can move or duplicate the whole catalog folder from the explorer.

- You can move your OneDrive or Dropbox synced folders to D, many tutorials on the Web.

- There are various disk cleanup utilities which are good at cleaning unused apps or non essential Windows updates.

I suppose your 128GB disk is a SSD, I think you should keep PSE there for optimal speed. If you can add some RAM (8 GB at least) that will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really need a larger C drive.  Windows 10 updates will fill up your C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines