• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a high end Dell XPS 8930, with SSD and HDD (2 1/2 years old). I've loved Dell for years, but this time there were problems, ie: the OS was installed on the HDD as opposed to the SSD. That was fixed (sort of); then another issue came up, and a Dell on-site tech determined I needed a new motherboard, a new SSD, and some other things. He took care of that and said, "Well, you basically have a brand new computer again." Which is wonderful, except that I can't get Adobe Photoshop 15 to work.

I've tried researching; I've followed the directions; I've gotten the program installed -- but, when I try to do something, I get a window saying the serial/ registration number has already been used, and I get no farther. I know the number has been used; Adobe knows the number has been used -- and, for the most part, Adobe takes me to page after page, trying to get me to buy something new. I'm not about to do that, because I have no need, and Adobe has made me angry.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no one on this board who can help you with activation issues. I suspect that in the travel of your computer PSE was not deactivated. Suggest that you contact Adobe directy, either via chat or call them.

Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

When you call, explain to the agent that you do not need help with the software, just with activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (make sure to sign into your Adobe account first) and only ask to have your activations reset:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaulteaj5gezkdj86,

This is not going to help you with your problem. But I could NOT resist telling about my experience with a Dell XPS 8930.

In Oct 2019 I also purchased a Dell XPS 8930. It sounds a lot like your Dell. It had an Intel i7-9700 CPU, a 512 GB SSD, a 2 TB HDD, 32 GB memory, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti display card. I was really excited about it when I placed the order. The excitement wore off about a week after I received it and started using it. My OS was installed on the SSD but I began to have all sorts of problems with the Dell installed utility software that I had absolutely no use for. Dell tech support refused to help me to remove or disable that junk.

I had owned three other Dell XPS PCs prior to this one and they were rock-solid good performing PCs. At the steel company where I worked before retiring, we used Dell Workstation PCs and servers to run the CADD software we used. They were great PCs.

The XPS 8930 that I bought was a piece of crap. After three weeks of using it I'd had enough and called Dell about returning it for a refund. It was within their "no questions asked" return policy period and they authorized the return. I did get a full refund about a week after they received the 8930. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DELL!

After that experience, I built my own PC from components I bought on Amazon and Newegg. It has almost the same specs as the Dell 8930 except the CPU is an Intel i9-9900k on an ASUS PRIME Z390-A motherboard. It is a GREAT PC and is running great!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(@Walter_H, did you get my PM?  - Click on the envelope icon at the top right of the forum page.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. This was first time posting to this forum, and I don't know what I'm doing. So far, I'm not seeing an envelope icon. I'll look more, and get back to you if I can find it. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg, I just now found your PM and reply sent.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for your response. I'm going to save your email, because I want
to read it again, and try to digest it more. We've had Dell computers
before, and were totally pleased; no problems at all -- and we expected the
same from the XPS 8930. Unfortunately, something went wrong. Thanks again
for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never did find an envelope icon. A Dell tech did fix the problem, by taking over my computer. So I still don't know what the problem was, but I'm hoping it won't happen again.

Also, the XPS hardware problems have soured me on Dell, too. Which is a shame, because I've had Dells before, and always loved them. But when I told my boyfriend (who bought the PC) that the OS had been installed on the HDD, as opposed to the SSD -- and then, after Dell remedied that (sort of), a Dell on-site technician had to replace the motherboard, the SSD and a couple other things -- my boyfriend said that particular Dell must have been a Monday or a Friday "slop job:" Monday, things go to Hades in a Mercedes, 'cause nobody wants to start another week, and a similar thing happens on Fridays, when everyone wants to get out of there.

Maybe your XPS was a Monday or Friday slop job, too. Congrats on building your own PC; I've thought about that, myself -- but I'm 72 years old, so I don't know.

Thanks so much for your contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your XPS was a Monday or Friday slop job, too. Congrats on building your own PC; I've thought about that, myself -- but I'm 72 years old, so I don't know.

Thanks so much for your contact.

By @defaulteaj5gezkdj86

Age should not be a problem. It means that you've got more experience. I was only 76 years old when I built that PC!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulteaj5gezkdj86, the message about the envelope icon was not for you, it was for @Walter_H who gave you the information about his experience with Dell computers.  I was trying to get Walter's attention to a Private Message I sent him on the forum.  Sorry for confusing you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, don't worry about confusing me. It doesn't take much anymore! Thanks again for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines