Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 Download Link

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community,

First time of my life that I am asking for help on an online forum!

Here is my problem: I bought the Photoshop Elements + Premiere 2021 package that I installed on my Windows computer. I also took care of registering them in Adobe Creative Cloud. I recently bought a Mac on which I would like to install them to continue editing my pictures/films. Nonetheless, on my Adobe account, only the Windows version of the registered licence can be downloaded again. There is no option to download the Mac installer.

And of course, on the Adobe website, the only available versions for download are the 2022 and 2023 ones (2021 is so old indeed...).

Do you know if there is an official Adobe solution to solve this problem? Otherwise, I found some download links here: https://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-2021-direct-download-links-premiere.html can I trust hem?

Thank you in advance and wishing you all a good day,

Anthony

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Welcome to the forum, Anthony.  🙂

There are a couple of issues that will prevent you from using your old program on your new Mac.

First, your new computer probably has the latest Ventura MacOS.  Photoshop Elements 2021 will not work with that operating system.  (Actually, I'm not sure whether Premiere Elements 2021 will work but will check for you if issue number 2 is not a show stopper for you.)

Second, recent versions of Elements purchased for download are operating system specific.  In o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum, Anthony.  🙂

There are a couple of issues that will prevent you from using your old program on your new Mac.

First, your new computer probably has the latest Ventura MacOS.  Photoshop Elements 2021 will not work with that operating system.  (Actually, I'm not sure whether Premiere Elements 2021 will work but will check for you if issue number 2 is not a show stopper for you.)

Second, recent versions of Elements purchased for download are operating system specific.  In other words, your license is probably only effective on a Windows machine and cannot be installed on a Mac.  (Strangely, the DVD boxed versions came with discs for both operating systems and the license could be used on each.  Starting with Elements 2023, DVDs are no longer sold.)

So, it is perfectly OK to download the Mac version from the ProDesignTools website.  And you may be able to use it in trial mode for 30 days.  But I doubt whether the license will work for you. 

Please let us know if I am wrong about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and if you decide to upgrade to Elements 2023, you are entitled to a prior user discount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg!

Thank you for your quick reply!

As my Mac is second-hand and old enough, it seems that I could get through the installation process without trouble. Until the active license thing. Indeed, my serial number does not seem to work even if the reason why is not given. A help on a dedicated Facebook chat is automatically proposed, I will see if Adobe provides some answers.

If it is indeed a problem of OS, this is extremely disappointing as this is not clearly stated when you buy the product. And I was very happy because I have read that the product could be activated on two computers so I had some hope. If I bought Photoshop Elements, this is because I am an occasional user and there is not point for me to register for a monthly subscription to get all the Adobe products. A standalone Elements license was then perfect for me.

If at the end, I need to pay 100 euros every year to get my Photoshop Elements working, what is even the point of proposing this product? Especially that this software is my main reason for not being fully on Linux (an OS for which Adobe does not want to sell their products).

If I do not manage to install Photoshop Elements on my Mac, I will just go back to GIMP that will also do the job just fine.

Anyway, thank you again very much for your answere, this was greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anthony27950506f50n said:  A help on a dedicated Facebook chat is automatically proposed, I will see if Adobe provides some answers.

Anthony, make sure that the help you are receiving is from a true Adobe source.  There are many scammers out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines