• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 350 Replies 350
Mentor ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really curious-- -shady websites ofthen sell it for $29--- down to $6.00 is the lowest I've seen.  

Quite often some mug will set up a website and resell the same OEM  / Educations liscenses / verification codes over and over and over.    A big ut oh for me is the "Full Licence"

It works for a while, but then the Background processes adobe installs on your computer (equate that with ET phoning hone every couple of weeks) and basically says "Hey, I'm here, I have this serial number, do you still see me?" and "I'm still valid and good to go, right?" 

You can download it from a number of places- what's important is the serial # / redemption code. 

Since you made the second purchase via paypal- you need to elevate that particualr purchase to a dispute (from your paypal account)-- have your purchase # handy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you paid with a credit card. You have up to a year after purchase to dispute the charge with your credit card vendor. They have online forms for the purpose. It's not much of a hassle. I've used it from time-to-time, particularly in the late 80's and early 90s' when problems with delivery of software were more frequent than today. My most frequent dispute, resolved in my favor, was for a product I tried to purchase on FaceBook. The Chinese vendor shipped an entirely different, cheap and useless, product and refused to make good on the original order, which they acknowledged. Odd but I got my money back promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what ordinary user in their right mind would presumptively expect a ubiquitous tool labeled "2022" to simply work with a current OS released in 2021? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with 12.1 has been the oppoosite of those who can no longer use Photoshop Elements 2021: It now starts every time rather than requiring a reboot after a short period running. I have an M1 MacBook Air, and I had this problem as soon as I upgraded to Monterey. I can't be certain it's fixed becasue the problem was intermittent, but I've successfully started several times since I installed 12.1. 

One anomaly. I had the Editor set up to start without asking me if I wanted to usee the organizer, but now I get the start screen that asks me that. BTW, I use multiple accounts, and it works on all of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On my 2015 Imac it appears to be working better now,   after intially failing to load at all after 12.1 its now more consistant ....

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurrah for that, but I am not going to rush to repurchase PSE 2022 until someone can confirm that it is universal code and not solely Intel. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see the system requirements details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

If you have any queries related to any particular system, Please share the system details.

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty funny actually... Doesn't mention Monterey,,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 / Version: 20.0 (20211214) now runs flawlessly again on a macBook Pro 2016 (Intel CPU) with macOS Monterey 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Elements 22 this week. It worked fine the day I downloaded it and now nothing happens UGH. Same with 21 that's why I upgraded. If I could find a photo editor equivalent (stand alone) without all this extra crap I'd switch in a heart beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest version of the Monterey OS (12.1)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There was an update available for PSE 2022 which fixed this issue and also updating your macOS to 12.1 should fix the issue in E2021 also.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the application using the installer placed here should fix the issue in E2022: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, the problem has been resolved.  See this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

It is now working flawlessly on my M1 pro Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance this will work with PS Elements 19? (I assume not) - really don't want to have to buy a new version of PSE right now. Very frustrating to finally get a new MacBook Pro and my PS Elements not working... It actually worked when I tranferred everything over from my old MacBook Pro but stopped working a day later. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2020 and it works okay with Monterey so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

iMac 27” 2019 model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent update to PSE 2020 works with OS 12.1 not 12.0 or 12.0.1. HOWEVER, it's coded only in Intel which means that Adobe appears oblivious to the fact that Apple no longer markets new Macs with that processor. I'm finding that smaller, less expensive competitors are written in universal code and work just fine.

The longer Adobe takes to update to universal code (they say they have no current plans to do so), the less likely I'll ever purchase or repurchase an Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... nice bug after selecting the crop tool - but it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.1 Update: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Regards,
Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to a direct inquiry about code for Apple Silicon, Mr. Gupta replied: 

"At this point, we are not planning to release any PSE 2022 update for native M1 support."

Note: both Affinity and Acorn are offered in universal code (Intel or M1). If Macintosh software is only Intel, then it isn't properly "2022" because Apple no longer offers Intel based Macintoshes (other than from inventory of pre 2022 models or refurbishe hardware).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have updated my Mac with Intel Processor to MacOS Monterey 12.1 and i have PSE 2021.
I still very oftenly cannot launch PSE 2021 without restarting the mac. The last update of PSE 2021 dates from 08/23/2021 while that of PSE 2022 dates from 12/18/2021.
What should I do ?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem, exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same problem in PSE 2021 after updating to Monterey 12.1 this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to OS 12.1 this morning as you suggested and this did not work for me.  The Elements Organizer 2021 will not even open.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines