Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 175 Replies 175
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, with Monterey you cannot start Photoshop Elements 2021 either. Please help. Regards Frank

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I do have the same problem an many others I suppose . Is Adobe aware of this? when will this bug be fixed? rgds Ralph

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after a few restarts now the problem is solved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me. I tried to start it numerous times including several system restarts. No solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue...have restarted several times, tono avail.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Photoshop Elements 2021. Freezes at start under macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open Photoshop Elements 2021 in Monterey either.  Have to Force Quit every time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch wood, I have no problem opening PSE2022 but editing seems to take an age, with a sign across any image saying editing is in progress, even 30 minutes later!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2021 works in Monterey as well as it did in Big Sur with all the same quirks. Unfortunately it is a ONE shot deal. It will load only one time. Subsequent tries require a Force Quit and rebooting the computer. It will then work one more time!

Not exactly how a program should work. Adobe help have nothing and refer to it as an outdated program with no support. It seems from comments here the 2022 version is no better.  Photoshop Elements 2020 works properly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, PSE 2021 worked perfectly in Big Sur. In Monterey I was able to start it one time only.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem with Topaz plugins with PSE 2021 in Big Sur. Mask would usually run automatically two times with data from the first  attempt lost. The other plugins usually did not show the results of the program until the Undo / Redo buttons were pressed. Just a minor irritation as everything else seemed to be fine.

None of those problems happen with PSE 2020 using Big Sur or Monterey.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly this ist also my expierence. Also no chance with PSE 2018 - by the way.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is real.  Photoshop Elements 2021 is dead on Monterey.

I have two Macs,  an Intel-based desktop and Macbook Pro with an M1 Pro chip.  Both are running Monterey 12.0.1 and neither can run Photoshop Elements 2021.  Fail behavior is the same on both.

Specifically, I can launch Photoshop Elements 2021 and get the welcome screen, and I can launch Organizer from the welcome screen, but I cannot launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.  It just hangs up.  Nor can I launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor directly from its subfolder in Applications.  Same.

I've tried downloading and re-installing Elements on both machines from scratch, same result. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same in Elements 2021 MAC and Organizer 2021 MAC. Elements wouldn't open, just spinning the ball, and Organizer did open with partial folders. Both have drop down choices greyed out and can't close either. Must force quit. Nothing noted on Adobe web as to any updates which you can't use in the programs (greyed out). Wouldn't you think a major company would have figured something out BEFORE Monterey's release like 90% of other apps do? Really disappointed in Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.  After numerous force quits and reboots, both now open. The update drop down still greyed out on both.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the comments in this thread and is looking into the problems described.  However, it would be helpful if more details were provided about your experiences.

Has anyone been unable to install Elements 2022 on Monterey OS?  And please state whether you have installed a fresh OS or simply upgraded the old one.

Same question for owners of previous versions.

For those who have been able to install Elements on Monterey, please describe in more detail the problems you have experienced.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Monterey PSE 2021 worked as before on the first launch. Subsequent launches produced the bouncing icon to show it was loading but eventually the Force Quit box showed the application was no longer responding. During the forced quit process I sent the data report several times. The app would not run again until the computer had been restarted. It would then run perfectly ONE time and needed a reboot to run again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 was installed before Monterey and worked perfectly with Big Sur. Behaviour with Monterey : sometimes, Photoshop Elements doesn't start. Sometimes it starts but becomme unusable. Almost every time, it doesn't quit (you have to force). 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they fix this soon. Adobe doesnt work at all!!!! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably spen two hours a day looking for sumptin' from Adobe.     Something cmae to mind last night though:  This could be a fortelling of things to come:  They will kill off the one time payment for photoshop elements, and sgo straight to a montly subscription plan.

Selling software for a one time fee / on dvd simply doesn't make business sense anymore. 

I decided to go for and subscribe to the full version of photoshop:  tons of templates, actions that actually work 100%, and always up to date.  Something you may want to consider.  I pay $10.84 a month for the cheapest plan--- based upon taxes yours would be about the same. 

Big updates are a killer for me though:  I have a 3 MB DSL and my downloads are about 176kb/ sec-- on a good day. 

But as of 0926 (GMT-8) still no word from Adobe on this. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not much to say. Installing PSE 2021 works. After the Upgrade to Monterey, the problem occurs. The only message I get in the dropdown menu is "program doesn't react". No error code, nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for paying attention, it's appreciated.

I'm trying to run Photoshop Elements 2021.  I have two Macs, an Intel-based 27" iMac and a new Macbook Pro with an M1 Pro chip. Both are running Monterey 12.0.1 and neither can run Photoshop Elements 2021. Fail behavior is the same on both.

Specifically, I can launch Photoshop Elements 2021 and get the welcome screen, ut I cannot launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor. It just hangs up. Nor can I launch Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor directly by clicking on it in its subfolder in Applications. Same result.

I've tried downloading and re-installing Elements on both machines from scratch, no change in outcome.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I had contact with Adobe support via Twitter. They say they have not even tested PSE 2021 on Monterey yet. That is quite surprising given the time developers usually have to fix bugs on new OS versions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines