• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 22 doesn't work correctly with Mac OS Monterey (new OS released 2 days ago).

Other members in the same case ?

Thank you for your answers. Jean.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Just to update people on here, in conjuction with 12.1 Update from Apple on my Mac, there was an update from Adobe too.  My PSE 2022 now appears to be working fine on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the hang on launch issue.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 350 Replies 350
Mentor ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suprized I haven't seen any ALL CAPS comments, yet.... it'll happen though.   

I pay $10.84 a month for the full version of Photoshop-  Just downloaded the latest version too.  

Might be something for users to consider--- I would think if they can afford a computer that can run the latest mac OS they could order 2 less foo foo drinks a month from starbucks and have no worries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use PhotoShop enough to justify paying a monthly rental fee.  That sucks.   I had PhotoShop CS6, but not compatible with the latest OS.. So downloaded Photoshop Elements 2022 a couple days ago, to see if it will meet my needs..  But like everyone else, can't open it to even try it. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S.  schrieb:

No need to shoot the messenger.  😒

Greg, I am sorry for misunderstanding. I am sure nobody in this community is willing to shoot anybody.

It is just disapointing and bit frustading too. Not about you, this is about Adobe and the way the act in this case.

Enjoy your weekend and may be have some fun tonight (Halloween is ahead!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if there was any misunderstanding. The criticism does not go out to you but to Adobe for how they handle this issue up to this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame that Adobe has done such a poor job on keeping Photoshop Elements up to date.  It almost seems as if they don't care if people can use it or not.

My wish list:

• Runs native on M1 Macs

• Runs on Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's aslo a shame that Apple forces people to purchase the latest version of software, just because it works with thier newest OS.  Why is that People never fuss about Apple when they have to drop $100 extra becoause of an update to their OS?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Apple's fault. They've been offering updates for years. It's not their job to care about other developers' software. It's the developers' job to keep up with OS updates, and smaller companies like Affinity clearly show that this is possible. Just not for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't blame Apple.  Adobe rebuilt Lightroom and Photoshop CC to run on the M1, and they could do the same for Elements if they had the will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EAM1, you will have to contact Elements support about your serial number issue. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

And did you purchase Elemenets 2022 from Adobe? Or some authorized seller?  There are always plenty of scams when a new release is issued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Greg. I will take care of this from tomorrow thanks to your advice and links.

And yes, I bought Elements 2022 from Adobe directly (to avoid scams 🙂

Good evening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greg,

Yeah, I purchased from Adobe directly. Thank you for the tip. I went to
Adobe.com clicked on Support, and then the "Contact Us" button, but once I
hit it, it turned from Blue to Grey and does nothing.

Thank you for the link to the numbers, those are different than the ones I
found and will try that.

Thank you,

- Erik

Erik Allen
ErikAllenMedia.com

Check out the Foundations Course ($997 Value) for FREE here
!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg, I had the help from ADOBE chat.

For the other users who are in the same situation than me after updated to macOS Monterey : 

I just uninstalled my software and reinstall it from my ADOBE account and it works 🙂 

Have a nice evening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the first thing I tried. It did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree. It works. But just for one time.

Adobe must fix the bug. 🙏Thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to macOS Monterey and PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2022 which I just bought (not yet had time to use it !!!) refuses to open. A large question mark is displayed on the software pictogram. Does anyone have the solution ? Adobe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no solution.  There is no fix yet. all you can do is wait it out till a fix is issued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Europe, it is my understanding that Adobe Support is only open during normal business hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called the german support on monday 21/11/01. The expert I was talking to was not aware of the new OS-version! He said, because of one week of, having vacation. Anyhow; he had got no solution at all. No idea of what Adobe is going to do or not to do. No hint for a usefull workaround. 

Has anyone of you guys got better news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with most US software companies, the Adobe's German support is not really good. They're somehow always behind. Better contact the US support at first. For me, I downloaded a free test version of Affinity Photo by now. Looks and works almost like Photoshop Elements, and it is ready for Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help Adobe, here are the details of what happened with Photoshop Elements 21. I purchased a new imac 27 about a month ago. My understanding is that it was running the Big Sur operating system. I installed Photoshop Elements from dvds that were purchased from Best Buy.  For the next month, Photoshop Elements worked great and could be opened and closed repeatedly.

Last week, there was a notification that the new Monterey OS was ready to be installed. I installed it and later tried using Photoshop Elements. I found that it would open as it should, but only once. If I close it and then try opening it again, the icon bounces around but the software will not open and a force quit is required. When I retart the computer, Photoshop Elements works again, but only once.

I called Apple Card and spoke with a supervisor. I was told that there is nothing that can be done to fix the problem. Adobe will have to develop a fix for this problem to be resolved. Apple Care suggested that we need to call Adobe and urge them to develop this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK it was too good to be true !!! This morning : IMPOSSIBLE to open Photoshop Elements.

I have got the same problem yhan you :

If I close it and then try opening it again, the icon bounces around but the software will not open and a force quit is required".

I will call and cal and call and call again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place this comment under the grass is always greener heading:

For those who are saying that Adobe is the only program having problems with Monterey, I suggest you do a little research.  It is not hard to find users of other software having similar problems to those described in this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg
If you answer to me, please read carrefully 😉 I wrote "Photoshop Elements 2022 is the only application wich doesn't work on my IMac after installing Monterey and I have many".  I didn't write it is the "only program having problems with Monterey". If you're not answering me, ignore this remark 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the number of software available for Mac, it would be a miracle if there were no problems with other programs than PSE. Nevertheless, Adobe needs to fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to confirm - My case is highly repeatable:

- Brand new 16" M1Pro MacBook Pro
- Brand new install of Monterey and then the single 12.0.01 upgrade.

- Brand new purchase of Elements 2022 straight from Adobe.

You can launch it once. After that it won't launch again until you restart. Astonishing that this was not caught in testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines