• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 23 crashes on Windows 11 Pro (version 22H2)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photoshop Elements 23 carshes on my Lenovo computer. 

Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1240P 1.70 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 Gb

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎9/‎8/‎2023
OS build 22621.2361

The problem is: basically I cannot use PS Elements 2023 at all. After I open the program and click on "Quick", "Guided" or Modify (Crop) or any other botton in the program window, the program immediately freezes and closes itself in couple of seconds.

What is the solution for this?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Unfortunately, nothing helps. It freezes when I go to preferences and try to change anithing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

I figured out the problem. I have a dictionary installed on my computer. I had pop-up translation function enabled. It seems that when I opened PS Element and moved or hovered a cursor over some button, the dictionary tried to translate the button text in a smaller window. This attempt by the dictionary to open that window with translation resulted in the progarm freeze. After the pop up translation function was disabled, the problem soleved by itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, nothing helps. It freezes when I go to preferences and try to change anithing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out the problem. I have a dictionary installed on my computer. I had pop-up translation function enabled. It seems that when I opened PS Element and moved or hovered a cursor over some button, the dictionary tried to translate the button text in a smaller window. This attempt by the dictionary to open that window with translation resulted in the progarm freeze. After the pop up translation function was disabled, the problem soleved by itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines