• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements editor won't load

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 in May 2022.  I cannot get the editor to load.  This seems like a common problem in the forum threads, but I have yet to find the "official solution".  If it's that common just re-installing seems like it will happen again.  I have rebooted, tried killing the task and relaunching.  Any official solutions?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention your OS.   You need the latest mac OS to run pse 2022- if you have an earlier version than 10.15 monterey you are basically SOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Win 10. I have tried rebooting, shutting off the computer completely, running the editor directly as admin.  Have not re-installed yet, as so many people are having this problem it seems like it would just happen again.  Received a response from Adobe care asking some questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uae the icon you uusally use to start the editor- but this time hold down your left shift button before you click on the icon, select YES when offered the choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 opens up a splash page, where I can get to the organizer, photoshop editor or the elements video editor. It opens fine, but selecting the editor just spins.  Tried going to the editor .exe directly, and running it as admin, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I confused you with the name change; didn't like the default with a bunch of random numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try my suggestion of holding down your left shift key, then pressing the icon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Task Manager and see if there are multiple instances of Elements 2022 Editor running. If so, right click each one and select "End Task." This is a known issue on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@pelaird, the poster (jimfromsdca) had tried rebooting and shutting off the computer completely. Wouldn't that have killed any multiple instances?

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines