• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Album sequence

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select an album, its sequence is, by default, 'Album'.I then edit the location of some pictures in it under the Places tab and then return to the Media tab. The picture sequence now is 'Newest'. Is this a bug?

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot to add the following info:

Elements Organizer 19.0.0.0
Core Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)
Language Version: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: catalogPSE2021
Catalog Location: C:\Users\rikbe\AppData\Local\Adobe\catalogPSE2021\
Catalog Size: 467,8MB
Catalog Cache Size: 3,5GB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 7,9GB
Free Memory: 950,4MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select an album, its sequence is, by default, 'Album'.I then edit the location of some pictures in it under the Places tab and then return to the Media tab. The picture sequence now is 'Newest'. Is this a bug?

By @Van_Epscheuten

The 'album order' does not mean anything outside an album selection. You have to be in a selected album, since the sort order is only saved within the album, just like a 'playlist'. If you exit the album selection, you only have the usual sort options, date, filename or import batch. If you go back to your album, you have to set the sort order to 'album order'; as far as I know, the previous sort order of an album is not remembered and you are still in the media sort order you are coming from. Just select 'album order' again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MichelBParis said:
as far as I know, the previous sort order of an album is not remembered and you are still in the media sort order you are coming from. Just select 'album order' again.

Michel, the Album Order is sticky and will be retained when you return to the Album from another view.  Isn't that the point of a database program?  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MichelBParis said:
as far as I know, the previous sort order of an album is not remembered and you are still in the media sort order you are coming from. Just select 'album order' again.

Michel, the Album Order is sticky and will be retained when you return to the Album from another view.  Isn't that the point of a database program?  😉

By @Greg_S.

Of course, the sort order is safely kept stored in the catalog. What I meant (... and I was wrong) was that the album sort order was not necessarily selected when you selected the album files again. At least in the current PSE2021, selecting an album automatically sets the sort order to 'album order'.

I suppose it's the preferred choice but I prefer checking the sort order menu when opening an album because the 'album order'  does not necessarily fit my current needs. In many cases, I have never customized the order, so the album order is meaningless, beeing the result of successive imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michel, you are correct (as usual).  It looks like the automatic switch to Album Order when selecting an album was introduced in Elements 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines