• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[branched and renamed] Re: Elements 2023 cannot retrieve RAW (CR3) files from my Nikon

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the same for Nikon?  I have been processing RAW files for as long as I can remember with Elements.  Why would they change it now?  Where so I find the Nikon file for the Camera Raw plugin?  Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

@tn63050dr if you have just installed Elements 2023, you need to go to the Help menu and choose to Install Camera Raw . .  This additional step for users of raw files is required because Adobe decided to reduce the download file size for those users who do not need Camera Raw.

I am assuming that you have an older Nikon camera and that ACR 14.4 which is installed with Elements 2023 is sufficient for your camera processing.  If you have a brand new camera, you may need a later version of ACR.  C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tn63050dr if you have just installed Elements 2023, you need to go to the Help menu and choose to Install Camera Raw . .  This additional step for users of raw files is required because Adobe decided to reduce the download file size for those users who do not need Camera Raw.

I am assuming that you have an older Nikon camera and that ACR 14.4 which is installed with Elements 2023 is sufficient for your camera processing.  If you have a brand new camera, you may need a later version of ACR.  Check the links provided by Bob to see which version of ACR you need.  Elements 2023 will install the very lastest version (ACR 15.1 as of the date of this post) if you follow precisely the instructions set forth in this HelpX article.

@Peru Bob Nikons use NEF files.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I did find it under help and installed it.  I edited some images last night with no problem.  I've used Elements since  think it was 2008 and as I said, never a probem.  My files were NEF then as well.  Not sure why it was changed, but none the less, thanks again!!

Regards, tn63050dr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much.  I did find it under help and installed it.  I edited some images last night with no problem.  I've used Elements since  think it was 2008 and as I said, never a probem.  My files were NEF then as well.  Not sure why it was changed, but none the less, thanks again!!

Regards, tn63050dr

By @tn63050dr

NEF is not a format.

Every new camera model comes with its own unique format. NEF is only a kind of 'Nikon' label for the new real camera models raw formats.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

We are already close to having one hundred NEF formats !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines