• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug where Photoshop elements ends up overlaying the icon of any Windows Store in Start/Search

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. Install Photoshop Elements for Windows 2021 for a Windows user who is linked to a Microsoft Id, with Setting Synch on. Now, when you search under start (you can search just by clicking start and starting to type, any Windows Store app that Search finds will have the Photoshop elements icon (Or at least it does for me). Turning Settings synch off, then toggling the scaling size of fonts and GUI to multiple of 100% and back down to 100% will fix it. Turning Settings synch back on unfixes it again. Seems like a very very complicated bug, but Adobe seems involved.

See this discussion, both the Q and the A by user M.Scherzer, I also commented back under the answer because that user's writeup help true for me.

https://superuser.com/questions/1640665/windows-10-some-app-icons-in-search-results-win-s-are-overla...

I have attached an image showing the result of searching for "Dell" under Windows Search (I have a Dell and a bunch of Dell apps are Windows Store apps. This happens only in Start/Search and only for Windows Store app. You see the Photoshop Elements icon. It happens with non Dell Windows Store apps as well, that was just an example.

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?