• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 14.2 on brand new Elements download

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and installed the bundle of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements on 19 August.  The 'Camera Raw' version included with that is 14.1.  Prior to that I had purchased a Samsung S22 Ultra, and when I try to open the RAW format file (a .dng file) it say it's the wrong format.  I checked that the version of Camera Raw that supports this camera is 14.2.  I also noticed that 14.5 was released 3 days prior to my download of the bundle.

How do I download the latest Camera Raw that supports my camera?  I feel that the newly purchased software should have included the latest Raw plugin...

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

What operating system are you using?

When you copied over the 14.5 camera raw plugin from the cc file formats folder to the Elements 20 file formats folder, did you copy over the .dll files as well.

(only if your on a windows operating system)

Can you post one of your dng files so we can try it on our end?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Drag and Drop much better than the way I was doing it.  Photos now says it's 3648 x 2736 and is 19.2 MB (much more likely).  Elements now opens it and works great.  After downloading Microsoft's RAW extension, so does Photos. 

Thank you to all who contributed to this.  The bottom line to others that need this,  check file sizes and photo dimensions!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions on the 'Update the Camera Raw version on your Mac or Windows machine' topic in help (dated 12 January of this year) and installed a the 14.5 plugin.  It shows up as 14.5.0.1177 in the 'About Plugin Camera Raw' in Elements.  But when I try to open the .dng file, I get an error 'Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document'.  So the question has changed, to:

How do I open  RAW format photo from my Galaxy S22 Ultra camera with Photoshop Elements 2022?

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you copied over the 14.5 camera raw plugin from the cc file formats folder to the Elements 20 file formats folder, did you copy over the .dll files as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11.  I didn't copy the .dll files yesterday, but I did after reading your post.  It didn't help. 🤔

I tried to attach the one DNG file I was testing yesterday.  It claims it's not the right format?  It does seem small (only 155KB) but Windows Photos shows the picutre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Dropbox or Google Drive to post a DNG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Google Drive account doesn't give me the ability to allow access to 'anyone with a link'.  And I don't havea  dropbox account,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try this link to see if it shares the RAW file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L2DyaXGmdEFw1hnJQOYT--vsgdJL8Ist/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has replied to me and asked me to email support directly.  I will update this thread when it's fixed in case others run into it!  Thanks, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure that's actually Adobe emailing you by checking that the end of the address is adobe.com.

It's very unusual for Adobe to do that unless requested here in one of forum posts.

Many spammers try to pose as Adobe employees

ad.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I haven't shared any detailed info via email, over what was already in the post.  The address was at @outlook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's definitely a spammer so don't do anymore corresponding with the spammer.

I've reported the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Jeff Arola

ACR v14.5 runs just fine on my Windows 10 PC, PSE 2022 without the DLL files being copied.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William26214190cma9 said:

I tried to attach the one DNG file I was testing yesterday. It claims it's not the right format? It does seem small (only 155KB) but Windows Photos shows the picutre.

It sounds like the file is corrupt.  I downloaded a sample file from the web and it is over 30MB in size.    What size does Windows Photos show the file to be?  The sample I downloaded is 4000x3000 px.  I suspect that Photos is displaying an embedded thumbnail.  Jeff knows far more about than I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be down to my transfer process.  Photos says it’s 689 x 517 which is not the original picture.  Will try an alternte strategy and update this thread.  Thanks, Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Drag and Drop much better than the way I was doing it.  Photos now says it's 3648 x 2736 and is 19.2 MB (much more likely).  Elements now opens it and works great.  After downloading Microsoft's RAW extension, so does Photos. 

Thank you to all who contributed to this.  The bottom line to others that need this,  check file sizes and photo dimensions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines