Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW crops picture - automatic lens correction - Photoshop Elements 2022

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I'm using a new Canon R6 and Photoshop Elements with Camera Raw 14.1. 
Now I recognized that the opened RAW pictures are more or less croped, if I compare it with the JPG from the camera. The pictures in camera raw looks like a little bit like fish eye perspective. It seems that there is some automatic lens correction perforemed by Camera Raw, but I don't find a solution to disable this function in the Photoshop Camera Raw version. Due to that, it's not really possible to use Camera Raw.
How can this problem solved? Hopefully someone can help me. 

Regards
Finke

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's the opposite in that camera raw is not performing any lens correction, while your seeing lens correction that the camera bakes into the jpeg files.

Unfortunately, photoshop elements does not provide the capability to turn on/off lens corrections in camera raw.

What lens are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I activated distortion correction in the camera. Now the JPG and Camera Raw look identical. So it looks like that Camera RAW will perform distortion correction automatically during opening the RAW. Is there some possibility to deactivate that? I'm using Canon 24-105 mm Lens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines