Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw for Nikon Z7 II

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Nikon Z7 II and bougt a new version 2021 of Elements and I need to have a new Camera Raw to support my pictures.

Where can I find it? I can't do any upgrades under " Help/Updates" in Elements since it's shadowed. 

Please advice.

Kind regards,

Ronny

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.

As usual, it takes some time after a new camera model is on the market to get a raw converted for the new raw format.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

The 7ZII requires the ACR version 13.1 which is not yet available for Elements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

So download the free Adobe DNGconverter mentioned in the above faq. This standalone app (not a plugin) will convert your raw files to the universal DNG raw format that your PSE2021 and even older versions can read and edit. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I got an update 13.11 and installed it. Elements can't still import files from Nikon 7ZII. Has someting during the installation went wrong or is this camera modell still not supported?

ronnya664704_0-1612723235149.png

Kind regards,

Ronny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't waste your time to download the ACR version of the full Photoshop. There is still no update for the Elements ACR version.

Your only choices are to use the converter supplied by Nikon or to use the DNGconverter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi agian,

It was the application (Photoshop Element) it self that informed me that there was an update for Camera Raw and of course I followed the rekommendation.

If I read the information in Adobe info I can see following information:

ronnya664704_0-1612770978371.png

and supported cameras from Nikon has included Nikon 7ZII so it seams a little bit strange that information is sprawling.

If it's true that Elements still not have a working Camera Raw when do you think this will be in place?

Kind regards,

Ronny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi agian,

It was the application (Photoshop Element) it self that informed me that there was an update for Camera Raw and of course I followed the rekommendation.

If I read the information in Adobe info I can see following information:

ronnya664704_0-1612770978371.png

and supported cameras from Nikon has included Nikon 7ZII so it seams a little bit strange that information is sprawling.

If it's true that Elements still not have a working Camera Raw when do you think this will be in place?

Kind regards,

Ronny

By @ronnya664704

Elements itself warned about an update, not mentionning the ACR module.

If you got a warning about a new version of ACR (like me), that came from the Creative Cloud Desktop app which has been installed together with PSE2021. If you don't have any Cloud apps subscriptions (LR, Photoshop...) I think it's a bug. As I have those subscriptions, I find normal to get such notifications.

The big issues with ACR in Elements are that the conversion plugin tends to offer every editing tool found in Lightroom and Adobe wants to make a clear distinction between 'pro' and 'consumer' apps. Understand: subscription vs perpetual license models. PSE users need a raw converter. So, from the start, the PSE ACR version has been a 'subset' of the full features. Mainly, the omitted functions which are normally present in the pixel editor are left out. Only the fundamental conversion tools have been kept, and they are very powerful. This is not stated each time Adobe advertises or comment about ACR, but it's stated in the differences between Photoshop and Elements. The result is that it takes time to adapt the 'subset' of ACR to work with PSE. On the other hand, for Adobe, this shows the clear advantage of a subscription allowing frequent updates over a perpetual model.

As for the question 'when' an update will be released, that's the general rule for Adobe (and most other big companies;  they are not allowed to issue informations which could fool shareholders and consumers). So, such updates or new features are only announced when they are ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for your long and clear update!

Kind regards,

Ronny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines