• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't start Elements 15 after changing motherboard on computer.

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed out my motherboard and processor.  Moved hard drive (with Elements 15 installed and working on it for years) to the new motherboard.  Computer is working fine, but Elements 15 will not start.  It asks me to sign in, and when I do it offers to let me buy Elements 15.  I have the 24 digit installation code from the origional disc, but have misplaced the disc so I cannot reinstall Elements 15.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you change the motherboard, PSE sees the computer as a different one from the computer 'activated' in the licensing process. So, ideally, it's necessary to 'deactivate = sign out' from the computer before changing the motherboard or changing computer; once the change is done, activating (signing in) again will work. In your case and in any other situation where you can't deactivate (stolen computer for instance), you'll have to call 'customer care' so that they can deactivate for you and free the license for a new computer (or new motherboard).

This is a very common situation, but be warned that you'll have to be very clear (and insist) that it's not a normal support case, but a server activation case; usually that only takes a couple of minutes.

If you bought the software directly from Adobe by download, you should be able to find your serial number in your Adobe Account.

If you have only activated your PSE in a single computer before, you still have the second activation allowed for a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your help.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and your Adobe account should also have a download link to replace your lost disc.  Click this link and it will take you to the download link and your serial number.  You may have to sign in to your Adobe account before accessing the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank both of you gentlemen, again.  Just completed the activation process and have a back up copy of Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines